It's like a different bike - K&N, Termi & Booster plug

Sprocket Square

Reaction score
Having been in bits for the last week or so, I finally got out riding this morning and wow, just wow.
Let's be honest with ourselves: no matter what farkle we put on our bikes (I used to have a Ducati so I've definitely earned my wasting money on carbon badge), we invariably justify it even if it's a placebo - not the case here.

Now I would have liked to put them on one by one, to see where and if I could notice a difference, but as I was fitting battery lines and a host of other bits, I didnt - so these mods are certainly affecting together. In 2017 I'm taking the bike around the world and so believe it or not these mods are functional too:

K&N filter Part# BM1113 - in the event of extreme weather or a river crossing, non paper is a safe bet and so this was a no brainer. I kept the paper one as a spare for the journey, as it has only done a couple 100 miles in sunshine. No audible change, I like the sticker too :D

Termignoni Titanium exhaust with carbon sleeve BW12080CVT. 2.1 kgs vs the OEM 4.8kgs (my own weighing at home). I'm setting up my vlog channel and have taken before and after videos, baffles in and baffles out, so please stay tuned for that so you can see a more comprehensive comparison. Truth be told the baffles are just as loud in or out on idle, but when open on the road it barks.

[video]http://vid17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Flex2005/IMG_6735.mp4[/video]

Booster plug - now it could be in part due to the other two mods above, but I think from how the box feels now, I'd say a massive change. So so smooth it's like a different thing. The 1st > 2nd lurch is improved and along with the other mods, the best way to describe it in either dynamic or road mode as tested, is that this bike feels like its a Sport version of itself. Think R1200 GSR.
Up and down the box on twistys it snap, crackled and popped its way through without grinding or lurching.

All in all very happy, here's a pic by the beach after a squirmy bit of off road:

Excuse my ignorance but how does that booster plug work.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Excuse my ignorance but how does that booster plug work.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

It basically tells the bike the ambient temp is cooler than it is, therefore the bikes squirts some more fuel in. As many bikes run very lean to get through the emission laws, this returns it to more like optimal running.
However, after a few tanks of fuel the ECU will see it is being fooled and adapt the bike back to how it was originally, so long term they will do nothing.......maybe......loads of info out there with compelling arguments for and against.

As I have said before....... my poor old ECU must have a learning disability!!

Accelerator Module fitted about 20,000kms ago and the slow speed, slight throttle hesitation and lumpyness (not a word) still gone.

Sent from a OnePlusX

Back
Top Bottom