I've only gone and done it.

Sootyvandriver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After a two year break from motorcycling I got the urge for two wheels again. So today placed an order for a Himalayan. (Dune Brown)
It will be interesting to see how I get on with it. At 65 I needed something easier to manage. Also I always felt uncomfortable having megabucks invested in a bike that realistically spent most of its time sat in the garage. (I have other interests too) I do generally try have a European tour each year and this year went by car but missed the flexibility of a bike. I am browsing the accessory sites now.
Roll on week on Thursday. :bounce1

Congratulations on returning to two wheels. Dont forget youtube for suggestions and feed back on accessories eg exhausts fuel control air filters etc

Excellent, ask Hitchcocks for a catalogue, there's lots of interesting bits, but it is genuinely good to go as it is. Enjoy.

There’s lots of good advice on these pages, of which I found the most helpful to be:

Fit an adjustable side stand

Change the spark plug out

Change the relays out

Then ride it and enjoy it.

One of the guys on my recent Pyrenees trip was on a Himalayan. The next smallest bike was a 900 Tracer. Apart from the transit days when he struggled uphill on faster roads, with luggage etc. it was fine. He loved it, as do most owners. He is thinking of getting something bigger for European trips but that will be in addition to his 'Himmy'. I can genuinely see the attraction, Enjoy.

Health to enjoy ! There is quite an active Himalayan group that go trail riding in Derbyshire (nothing too technical). Most of them are retired so are generally out in the week and the Himalayan is impressively capable on trails. This shows a selection of the trails typically used.

Maybe I'm getting old, but really enjoy the social aspect of nattering to likeminded enthusiasts.

RBW.

IT’s arrived but I’m not home until Saturday ☹️
Well I had my first run out today between the thunder storms. First impressions are very good. I was a bit surprised how light it feels initially but my last bike (two years ago) was a 1200GS so it's going to. Great engine, bags of low down torque for a low power unit.
Brakes as generally reported are pretty poor. If they don't improve when bedded in I might do something about them.
Thoroughly enjoyed myself despite the initial 40 mph running in speed.

Just did a tour in Wales with a mate who was on a Himmie - he didn't hold us up ('cos we're a slow group!) despite the other bikes being 1200s.

I was impressed by it as is the owner, although he couldn't get on with the Tripper satnav thingy. Think it was a phone problem. What you need is - oh, hang on!

Enjoy the farkling - there seems to be loads of stuff, all reasonably priced too.

Back
Top Bottom