Keyless ignitions and fuel caps

7 years on one and 5 on another in and no issues here, I think if I were going somewhere very remote I’d prefer a key though.

It is very handy just carting a lanyard around and being able to refuel without messing about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've yet to understand why folks don't like the convenience of keyless, though admissibility in six years I've never encountered a tank cap issue, and I'm a bugger for leaving keys in bikes.

I had one fail on my 1200MTS. Had to remove the whole thing with an Allen key to fill up. V4S ok so far (6k miles).

Ok for road bikes but would NEVER trust any keyless properly out in the sticks though - ignition or fuel cap. Too much of a show-stopper when/if it fails...

I had one fail on my 1200MTS. Had to remove the whole thing with an Allen key to fill up. V4S ok so far (6k miles).

Ok for road bikes but would NEVER trust any keyless properly out in the sticks though - ignition or fuel cap. Too much of a show-stopper when/if it fails...

Fair call

Keyless but you need a key to open the fuel cap unless you pay to have a electronic fuel cap that are prone to lockout, instead I have a quick release caps on my Multistrada’s.

c915083d57c6eab4408da6131b9163af.jpg

5dc078afcfa9027cac0f08573e225cf7.jpg

just from that view of the tank, that red bike looks like its a beauty Ding Dong, what model multi is it?

wow that looks just awesome Ding Dong.:drool

Back
Top Bottom