KTM 1290’s 2 year extended to 4 year for free

RobGreaves

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am just about to swop my KTM 1290 SAR 2022 for a new one and have been advised to have the balance on finance as I will then get the warranty upped from 2 years to 4 years and then pay off within the 14 day cooling off period with no costs - thought it was very good of the dealer - Redline over in Loughborough.

I wondered if you could just pay all but say £30 cash, then have the £30 on finance which would be about £1 a month.

I wondered if you could just pay all but say £30 cash, then have the £30 on finance which would be about £1 a month.t
There’s a min amount to finance apparently but no restriction in paying off in calling period or after part of the term

Yep - worked for me on my new 1290 SAR - now have 4 years warranty :)

Must remember to now pay it off ;)

I have found them to be really helpful Dealers over the years always there to help.

Daughter did this on a car has they did an offer
She phoned finance company to pay it off and they added £20-40 interest
I didn’t think there should have been a charge

If she did it within 14 days then there should be no charge as she would have cancelled the contract offer. If she did it after 14 days there would be a charge equal to the days interest plus admin charge. Are you sure she cancelled within 14 days? Even 1 day over that then the contract has been entered into.

I believe with the KTM one you have to make the 1st montly payment to get the extended warranty, probably do the finance company don't get swamped with day 1 cancellations, and worst case cover their costs with one months interest.

With decent savings rates appearing now you might find you can offset most of the interest costs by chucking money in a fixed 2-3 year savings account and have some cash reserves in case of emergency.

I believe with the KTM one you have to make the 1st montly payment to get the extended warranty, probably do the finance company don't get swamped with day 1 cancellations, and worst case cover their costs with one months interest.

With decent savings rates appearing now you might find you can offset most of the interest costs by chucking money in a fixed 2-3 year savings account and have some cash reserves in case of emergency.

Since mid August you get the 4 years warranty regardless of whether you put it on finance.

I brought a new Super Adventure S a month ago. Unfortunately it went back with an oil pressure problem after 6 days so I rejected it and got my money back. So if anyone happens to have a 2021 onwards 1290 SAS they're looking to shift on cheap, let me know. :)

Since mid August you get the 4 years warranty regardless of whether you put it on finance.

I brought a new Super Adventure S a month ago. Unfortunately it went back with an oil pressure problem after 6 days so I rejected it and got my money back. So if anyone happens to have a 2021 onwards 1290 SAS they're looking to shift on cheap, let me know. :)

You're welcome...

Very temped myself, but my 2019 reg (2018 model) looks and rides like new so I just cannot justify the expense, nor be bother with the aggro of buying one and selling another etc.

Back
Top Bottom