Last chance to see...

[IMG]

Tired after we shared a large kebab - she's still skinny, but I'm working on it... :)

Pleased you got looked after .
But I must take umbrage with your “777 seats are better blah blah blah !!! “
The 787 club seats are mainly of the newer design whereas some 777s still have the old club seats .

Anyway, so pleased it worked out and sorry that the outbound flight was chokka.

Hopefully can accommodate you next year .

The motto of this years trip- down but not oughton !!!

You’ll bounce back .

Perhaps try get hold of a smaller/ lighter bike for next year ?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

I'm going to be doing a lot of thinking about motorcycling this winter.

I am probably going to sell the Adv in the Spring - and maybe a lot of my gear as well. So if anyone's in the market for a pretty much unique 1150 GS Adv, and some quality kit in fat bastard sizes, you may want to watch this space...

Poor girl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep - she's skin and bone, bless her. I know Vikki has been feeding her - I don't know if it's a side effect of the Lymphoma, or if she was just stressed with my being away. I'll get her looking s bit more healthy within a few weeks...

IMG_5076.jpegIMG_5076.jpegThat was nice of the F/O to give up his crew meal for you …

11th October 2023

Marnie bedded down in her bed, alongside mine upstairs, last night. I woke with her cuddled up to me...:)

I took her up to the vet to check what she now weighed - and get some advice on how to chub her up a tad. She'd lost about 3kg (from an original weight of 26kg) during my absence. The vet puts this down to her just missing me...
[IMG]
She further said that her lymph nodes are definitely shrinking and that she's healthy. This means that the fortnightly chemo seems to be the (current) answer to her treatment. She warned about feeding her too much rich food, to try and regain the weight quickly, as it would likely lead to stomach problems.

I feel reassured that she's still fit and healthy - excuse me while I break off to give her some more treats...
[IMG]

Really enjoyed this.

Appreciate your honesty and best of luck to you ( and Marnie)

14th October 2023

Out for breakfast with my mates Graham and Adrian...

[IMG]

...but I got a takeaway for Marnie...

[IMG]

...as part of Marnie's weight gain programme...

[IMG]

...which she consumes at such a speed that I'm not sure if she inhaled it or used osmosis...

Absolutely fantastic report yet again. :clap
It‘ll be a shame if you can’t shift those biking demons and have to give up on 2 wheels.
Maybe a smaller, lighter bike? Big maxi scooter? :nenau

Maybe a smaller, lighter bike? Big maxi scooter? :nenau
we love mike :D sounds like you hate him :rob

the breakfast on the right - where and how much :D and whens the rideout :D

thanks mike

having endured the radiotherapy thing that marnie went through - the weight thing?

no problem (burp) itll go back on trust me :D

Fantastic report Mike, sounds like some decisions being made about whats right for you going forward.

Well done to Arsey too for sorting an upgrade.

Fantastic report Mike, sounds like some decisions being made about whats right for you going forward.

Well done to Arsey too for sorting an upgrade.
Ditto.

Arsey isn’t as nasty as some people tend to tar him up, you know. Just saying.

Thank you @MikeO for such a wonderful report.
I had a similar bout of the depressives on a long solo motorcyle trip round Europe on my 1100GS a good few years ago. I'm pleased to say I got over it, but your words took me back to a cold, wet, miserable few days when I considered just leaving the damn thing near the Polish border and just getting home by any means.

I hope Marnie's weight comes back soon :)

Back
Top Bottom