Macmillan Cancer Care, Charity Ride

pbboxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
'UK Four Corners'
Including Land’s End to Jon ‘o’ Groats in 24 hours
Also including Iron Butt 1000 mile challenge

Please spare a moment and check this out! Paul Barker of Skipton , Chris Williams of Oswaldtwistle Paul’s friend Bryn from North Wales (maybe plus one or two others!) will be taking on a motorcycle-mileage challenge this year to help raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.

It’s in memory of Paul’s dear friend, Alyson Porter who died tragically at the age of forty seven in 2008. She was a keen motorcyclist herself but as this crippling disease took hold, was unable to enjoy the freedom that biking offers. Something that we all take so much for granted. Macmillan offered constant support to Alyson and her loved ones at a really difficult time. And it is in remembrance of Alyson that The Breast Way Round Charity Motorcycle Ride came into being. In addition, Paul will be taking part in The Breast Way Round Charity Ride on the West Coast of Scotland (another 400 miles) on his return from this epic Four Corners journey.
“It’s all in memory of Ally and those magical ladies who do nothing but inspire us, having suffered and fought like they do” Paul Barker

The Four Corners Itinerary (all mileage approximate)

Day 1 - 22 May - Home to Lowestoft (265 miles)
Day 2 - 23 May - Lowestoft St David’s, West Wales (370 miles)
Day 3 - 24 May - St Davids to Land’s End (360 miles)
Day 4 - 25 May - Rest Day
Day 5 - 26 May - Land’s End to Jon ‘o’ Groats (850 miles)
Possibly going for the 1000 mile day/route
Day 6 - 27 May - Jon ‘o’ Groats to Kilmarnock (300 miles)
Day 7 to 10 – Join The Breast Way Round 2010 Charity Motorbike Ride, which will add approx another 700 miles to the total by the time they get home.

3000 miles

You can show your support right now by sponsoring Paul Chris and Bryn on The Breast Way Round Just Giving page: http://www.justgiving.com/breastwayround2010

Please add a message to say you’re donating for the Four Corners guys. Every penny helps and with your donation we can make a real difference to cancer sufferers throughout the UK. Thank you!

Hi
If anyone is willing to sponsor us that would be great. im not looking for people to ride with us all the way, owing to it being very expensive. people are welcome if they want, but it's costing me approx £1000 and im cancelling my annual trip to teh TT in order to do it.

I appreciate people are bombarded with events though, but if you can sponsor me that would be brilliant

thanks

Hi
We've just also put the trike up for sale that we built for Alison.

it's on ebay, under "amazing Grace 1.3 auto trike"

Update

Total so far with pledges and other stuff, is £6418
There are a couple more ways we're hoping to raise a bit and hit the 8k but im happy so far

Any donations are really appreciated and we're hoping to hit 8 grand :)

Hoping to get my first ukgser donation

:augie

Back
Top Bottom