Manchester & Chester Harley

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Read both are closing down. Not sure what will happen to people with orders in ect. Bought a few things from them in the past.

Seems a bit sudden, although I gather they have been up for sale for a while - includes KTM Chester too it seems: -

............ https://www.hdrcgb.org/threads/manchester-and-chester-hd-closed.1193274/#post-1226755

(For some reason the link displays around post #14, so you need to scroll back to the starter post)

if you had only edited the link to remove the #post bit https://www.hdrcgb.org/threads/manchester-and-chester-hd-closed.1193274/

it's quite telling that Completely Motorbikes have not acquired these dealerships when they have bought up 16 other marques in the region where the owners have wanted to retire etc. They have Indian but it seems not wanting to touch H-D with the proverbial pole

Harley are fubar’d.

Dropped in to Gateshead Harley earlier this week, they want £12k for a 62 plate roadking!!!!!

It’s a lovely showroom with nice staff (just like Chester), but the bikes are overpriced and HDUK are utter shite when it comes to service and back up.

It’s a real shame for the guys at Chester, they have always been really good to me. Don’t know much about Manchester, but when I saw their RKS demo model had one of the fork cans fitted back to front it didn’t fill me with any confidence to use them.

Sadly it looks planned. Owner Curt is known locally as Cu-t and not very highly regarded. I’d expect it’s been dragged through January to get as many deposits/purchases as possible then flushed with HMRC, banks, suppliers and poor unsuspecting customers left high and dry. I live locally and shutters were down 14.00hrs Thursday with staff and vehicles stood in the car park. Sorry to say I’ll not be surprised if he doesn’t reappear phoenix like in some form in the future to attempt to repeat the same. Not known as Cu-t for nothing!

Can confirm what Derek has said above , all shutters down this morning Sat at 10:15. Followed a few links and confirmed this and Manchester closed.

Ironically there were people outside like me who had just come for a browse

Did not use them for servicing the bike but seems a shame. Find it strange as i thought they would be busy.

Looking at Companies House data for 31 Dec 2022, we appear to have Brookborough Holdings Ltd, the property holding company for the group & Brookborough Trading Company Ltd, the WOS retail trading entity. Trading pays rent to the Holding co of £140k pa, but has been loss making in recent years. The original directors, Brooks & Couborough are past retirement age, so the business appears to be run by Kirk Herbert & Mark Harding.

Clearly we don't know the 2023 results, but insolvency action doesn't appear to be underway currently, yet the sudden closure would suggest otherwise. Bankers are HSBC, who hold a mortgage debenture.

39 employees involved sadly & doubtless many bikers with deposits in place.

Reactions: Doc
the company i left stopped trading on the 8th of Dec 16 , and held the wind up , on the 23rd Dec 16 , so notice of cease trading may take 14 days or so to show up .

Last edited:
Hopefully ex employee mechanics can buy up tools and diagnostic equipment to start a new indy shop.
Looks like we need a sticky thread listing all indy shops.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

It’s strange times at the moment though. Some dealers seem to be thriving, yet others are struggling.
My Honda dealer was full of customers this morning but my local BMW dealer was empty.
Could it be the start of people re setting mind sets to more realistically priced bikes ?

We have a friend who works at the front desk at Chester KTM, they new nothing about the planned closure, such a shame for all those that work there and any customers that may lose deposits.

Back
Top Bottom