Minneapolis

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Right then, I’ll be arriving there at about 6pm local time on Sunday on a work related trip but I’ve got Monday as a ‘jet lag’ day then next weekend off work so are there any must see sights?

We‘re stopping in Maple Grove which is NW of the city centre but my boss reckons it’s the best place to stop for a combination of easy commute to work, big choice of eateries and it’s supposed to be safe to wander around in the evening. There‘ll be four of us there sharing 2 cars so if we want to leave the city we can do though I suspect that’s unlikely to be happening when there‘s the option of drinking beer. The idea of spending the Saturday driving around the city centre eating, drinking and spending money on things I don’t need has a certain appeal and apparently there are lots of micro breweries around so a big boys pub crawl could be fun :beerjug:

Anyway, give me a few hints and I‘ll be a happy man.

Thanks Pete, that’s given me some pointers which should come in handy.

Rumour mill has it that I‘ve got to go there whenever I’m not on a power station shutdown for training on the equipment the US team use to carry out my work because they won’t let Europe borrow it unless they‘ve been signed off as fully trained so I‘ll probably get a few opportunities to sample the local beers over the next 12 months.

spoon and stable for food off hennepin avenue..? there's loads of places to eat round there kinda central...

if you walk toward gateway? or gatehouse district (east) there's tourist places leads to downtown... it's got more stuff...

if you go north of the river and more to the east, it's st. paul... I think can't remember was hammered most of the time...

Last edited:
We made an early start to ticking off breweries this morning by walking to the Granite City Brewery for a pint and a decent sized breakfast. I justified having a beer before 9am because my body clock hasn’t adjusted itself yet and still thought it was 3pm so was more put out by having a late breakfast.

On a bike related note there’s a bike kit store within walking range and I’m about due a new crash helmet but the prices were higher than the UK (though tax deductible) so I’ll not be bothering but I might go and buy a pair of bike jeans because they’re roughly the same price as at home but I can claim the tax back.

Back
Top Bottom