Moto guzzi v85 tt

Bike taken off for sale , just found oil leak on final drive and rear wheel.
That explains why the back wheel slipped out yesterday. I thought it was just gravel, but I think it was a bit of oil on the back wheel. Luckily, I had the wife on the back and it kept the traction going!
I will now find out how good Moto Guzzi are at warranties! It is really annoying when it has just come back from a first service.
No oil from the little peephole, it seems to be coming from the main wheel seal.
Kind regards, David

Really disappointing to hear that. From everything I’d read I thought the final drive issues had been put to bed :nenau. Hope you get good customer service :thumb2

I just got mine back after 4 months in dealers for recall. One of which was this seal. MG said they couldn’t provide them so I am told the recall has been binned ???

Bike back and ok so far but not particularly reassuring.

Still I got 4 months free winter storage I guess ….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not good to hear. Mines due in for the 6k service soon and I’ve noticed an oil leak around the sump
9879d73dd5b82a1b60bf779392a220cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine spat oil out of the final drive after about 600 miles. I took it back and was told it had been over filled at the factory. I saw several reports of this happening, that was over 12 months ago. They drained and refilled it, and I had no problem after that. I can’t believe they are still overfilling them, but it’s quite possible.

Oil leak update

Hi everyone,

Just a little update and a couple of pics - RAC couldn't pick it up today but they are picking it up tomorrow to take it to Gloucester.

I will let you all know what the outcome is, when they let me know.

David

Attachments

• IMG_1401.jpg
    IMG_1401.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1402.jpg
    IMG_1402.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 119
Hi , Bike back from dealer overfilled from new oil blown out of top breather.
All good now. Back up for sale, new price £9850.

Back
Top Bottom