NAV 6 New unit update

This is the "About Screen" from the latest Cap Touch screen unit I received from Garmin this week.
The Version number is now V9 (from V8)
The software is now v10.30 (from v10)
The BMW Motorrad is v18.00 (from v17.00)

Apart from that, everything looks the same.
😉

Attachments

• 20240107_154941.jpg
    20240107_154941.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 61
This is the "About Screen" from the latest Cap Touch screen unit I received from Garmin this week.

😉
BMW dealer definitely sent me the older updated make life a ride version, without the updated screen
Might as well see if Garmin will do anything seeing as I have only had it a few days
What was that Garmin number........ah yes :rolleyes:

😉
Just checked mine too
BMW dealer definitely sent me the older updated make life a ride version, without the updated screen
Might as well see if Garmin will do anything seeing as I have only had it a few days
What was that Garmin number........ah yes :rolleyes:
I think Garmin will be very helpful even though yours will not be faulty (yet).
Go onto their site and explain your situation, expressing concern due to having big overseas trips planned for this year.
Plus, never trust that dealer again.

Attachments

• IMG_0853.jpeg
    IMG_0853.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: HGS
I am going to speak to Garmin
With regards the dealer I just think like other dealers over the years, cars and bikes, they just don't know
Customer service has been great, technical knowledge....lacking
Thanks for all the info

Chap at Garmin was helpful after a long discussion. I am now awaiting an e mail from the department dealing with the exchanging of these units
Should get the RMA request and go from there
He did at first suggest I should go back to BMW. I explained to him that I had been told I was getting the screen update but hadn't as I had compared the device details to a recently issued one by Garmin (No names given :sneaky: )
I explained that I no longer had any faith that BMW would send me out the right version as they didn't know what they were sending out and it was pointless just to get the same as I already had.
I had a whinge about the issue, namely that it is well known that the screen was shiite yet BMW are still issuing them
See what happens......
Day 4.....Nav still working

Chap at Garmin was helpful after a long discussion. I am now awaiting an e mail from the department dealing with the exchanging of these units
Should get the RMA request and go from there
He did at first suggest I should go back to BMW. I explained to him that I had been told I was getting the screen update but hadn't as I had compared the device details to a recently issued one by Garmin (No names given :sneaky: )
I explained that I no longer had any faith that BMW would send me out the right version as they didn't know what they were sending out and it was pointless just to get the same as I already had.
I had a whinge about the issue, namely that it is well known that the screen was shiite yet BMW are still issuing them
See what happens......
Day 4.....Nav still working
looks like one i just bought late november from BMW dealer is not the fixed version either, what a ballache

IMHO, it is only a 'ballache' cuz few seem to chose outdoor satnavs like the 276Cx or the 600 now 700 series.
Of course, these don't take messages or phone calls or google or allow you to play with the wonder wheel etc. Blah blah blah 🙄
But what they are, are reliable and excellent, stand alone, navigators.

It never ceases to confound me when I read so many posts from so many who buy so many toys, most of which fail and/or cause endless confusion, brain farts, warranty/out of warranty claims and 'ballaches'!
Marketing at work???:confused:

My 'cap' version arrived today

Initially it looks exactly the same as my 'old' 'Make Life a Ride' version. I noticed, however, that you often don't have to touch the screen to make it change to the menu you want........your finger only needs to be in very close proximity.

It's also a very tight fit in my 2 BMW and 1 660 Zumo cradles

Strangely it came with the language set to Spanish!

Mike

IMHO, it is only a 'ballache' cuz few seem to chose outdoor satnavs like the 276Cx or the 600 now 700 series.
Of course, these don't take messages or phone calls or google or allow you to play with the wonder wheel etc. Blah blah blah 🙄
But what they are, are reliable and excellent, stand alone, navigators.

It never ceases to confound me when I read so many posts from so many who buy so many toys, most of which fail and/or cause endless confusion, brain farts, warranty/out of warranty claims and 'ballaches'!
Marketing at work???:confused:
Feck all to do with marketing, fact is I just like to plan my routes for trips and just want a device that will translate my custom routes reliably and allow me to enjoy the ride.

After ring Garmin UK Support on Monday, I got the survey link emailed from Garmin this evening, did the 2 questions and sent back
States I should get the exchange details 7 - 14 working days from Submission
Hopefully on the right track now to get a device with the updated screen etc
Again, thanks for the help with identifying the difference :thumb2

Garmin sent a label this afternoon to return via UPS, so will be in the post later
Quicker than I thought considering I only registered the BMW replacement one with Garmin on the 5th January

Nav Ex.jpg

Last edited:
I posted mine to them on 22nd December and got the replacement back on 4th January, right across the Christmas and New Year period. Brilliant service from both Garmin and UPS.
Just got another 7 weeks to wait for a bike to put it on.

Reactions: HGS
Hi all. Just had an email from Garmin support asking me to fill in a short survey with the view to exchanging my replacement unit for the revised version. Looks like they intend to replace the older units with new ones if you have had one previously with the screen fault. 🤞
Got my replacement 2 weeks ago with hardware replacement , assume this is a revised screen to resolve issues, this will be my 13th replacement .

Got my replacement 2 weeks ago with hardware replacement , assume this is a revised screen to resolve issues, this will be my 13th replacement .
13th replacement.....I'm a bit miffed I'm awaiting No 2 replacement

You're patient, I gave up after 6 and bought a XT.

So....there I am expecting a cap screen replacement as per my Garmin order posted previously.
That gets cancelled on my Garmin account before the order is sent out and it's replaced with an AOEM one on the order.
I contact Garmin to be told 'no problem, it's the latest version'.....honest
That unit arrives today and it's the same as I sent them back. A brand new BMW OEM version........
Another call to Garmin where a very nice lady puts me on hold for 6 or 7 minutes. She comes back to explain she has got the reason for this
They do not have any cap screen stock left at the moment.
In between me sending mine back and Garmin receiving it, they shifted them all out
New stock back in the next 1 - 3 weeks
Same nice lady has put me on a replacement cap screen order today, set up the return
Just wish they had kept the one sent last week until they had stock
She said to just update and use the one received for now
Part number I received 77528355800
Patience.......they will get sick of me before me of them :giggle:

Should hopefully sort it in the next 3 weeks

Back
Top Bottom