Reaction score
I have a Mac mini...

Mac mini 1.jpg

I'm running Sonoma v14.

A few days ago, I got a message...

Mac Mini 2.jpg

I clicked on it and it took me here:

Mac mini 3.jpg

Then, when I click on the Terms and Conditions button, it does this...

Mac mini 4.jpg

...apparently until the heat death of the universe...

I have tried closing everything else down and clicking; I have rebooted and tried again - no change. In order to shut the window down, I have to use Force Quit.

I have Googled to try to find an answer, but no-one else seems to be having this problem (or if they are, they're not talking about it online).

Any ideas please?

Thanks in anticipation,

Mike

I know very little about Macs, but that looks to me like it’s failing to load the new terms & conditions.
You’re not running some sort of ad blocker / pop up blocker are you?

I know very little about Macs, but that looks to me like it’s failing to load the new terms & conditions.
You’re not running some sort of ad blocker / pop up blocker are you?

Actually, I'm running both - let me disable them and see if anything changes...

Not so far, Schtum. The 'how to' doesn't match with the options I have (System Preferences doesn't appear on my computer, for example)...
Under Apple > System Settings now on OS 14.

You should have this on OS14, Mike. Scroll down to where I've highlighted it.

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 22.05.54.jpeg

Yep, pretty much what is happening.
There are similar issues with the software updates notes sometimes.

Mike, are you logged into your AppleID properly?
Try verifying your status (if you go and try to edit your payments method it will ask you to re-enter the password and authenticate you) and after that go have a look at the T&Cs for iCloud again and check if it loads.

The AppleID/Subs section has always been painfully bad on MacOS.

You should have this on OS14, Mike. Scroll down to where I've highlighted it.

View attachment 287656

Hi Schtum - sorry - went past my bedtime... :D

Yes, I have that page. When I clicked on iCloud, it asked me to log in using my Apple ID, which I did successfully. I then clicked on "Manage", and it reported an error and asked me to try again later. Clicking on the Terms and Conditions thing remains the same...

So, in the end, I called Apple. The first guy couldn't fix it, so they arranged a call back the next day. I have to say, their attitude to customer service is first class.

We did a number of resets, without success, before having to uninstall my (Mozilla) VPN - even though it was not actively running at the time. After a reboot without the VPN, I could at last agree to the terms and conditions for iCloud and the computer synched with all my other devices. Once that was complete, I reinstalled the VPN and all was well.

Later that day, a new update to my OS, Sonoma 14.1, was released. I updated and had no further issues. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom