offroad centre near Leeds

jez

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
wen't to a Lada Niva (don't laugh) owners do at Tong near Leeds on sunday , where I found 85 acres of pretty well organized offroad facilities offering a wide variety of terrain , of which a fair amount could be used by an 1150 or any GS'er willing to give it a go.The daily fee is £20 per vehicle , so isn't going to break the bank and hopefully not the bike! They have just set up a new web site at :
www.parkwood4x4.co.uk

they also teach 4x4 driving and have some quads:shoot: :shoot:

Jez
As mentioned the other night I'd be up for it. Bev too if pillions get the option of driving 4x4's or armoured cars (any difference ?!) whilst us mudpluggers get dirty on 2 wheels.
I'm sure knobbly Jim McTCK80 will be up for it after his sojourn, surely must be some other interest out there ? Probably be November before we're free. Sounds good.
(PS I couldn't get to their website - can you ?):(

Sat 2nd Nov sounds good to me - I'm home for once.
Dave Turnock

cheers Dave, checked with Rebecca at Park wood and sat the 2nd is fine , she has given us an introductory price of £15 each for the day ( 9.00- 4/4.30 ish). Bev can have lessons in a4x4 as well if she wants. It'd be nice to see a few more names for this as its alovely site with all kinds of terrain from easy (1150 on tourances) to oh my god there's mud over my handlebars!!. so be adventurous and join us for the day. Apparently the pub in the village does good food and beer, so no probs at lunch time.:beerjug: ;) :D

Oi Jez!
Where's me Contis?
I'll have some of this please:beerjug:

filling up my kitchen waiting fo you to come back off your jollies! can drop them off any time til friday this week (away at teafolk rally - are you coming?)
jez:beer: :beerjug:

I reckon I,m up for it to, mind you brand new bike no engine bars or off road tyres or experience come to that so is it ok for an Absolute beginer?

chris,
according to the site owners a fair amount of the is "non damaging" as they have some local garages demonstrating brand new 4x4's (complete with road biased tyres) to prospective customers, which obviously need to returned to the forecourt needing no more than a good wash. so you should be ok with tourances on some parts but not all, asI said you could virtually loose the bike in some of their muddy parts - I nearly lost my niva!

maybe see you there

jez:goof

Thanks Jez I,ll perhaps ride up there on Sat and have a look see!

:rolleyes: judging by the colour of the 4x4's coming from Tong this evening the jet wash at the local garage will be well used on the 2nd, but that'll be part of the fun - finding that the brown blob you've just ridden up the road is really your pride and joy in disguise.

see you all there; Jez:confused: :D :) :eek:

Yes Fritz,
So far my T&S has expressed a keen interest and my two elderly rugrats are also quite keen on Landrover drowning.
DT

I have found directions on streetmap.co.uk see attachments

Jez

Attachments

• black.gif
    black.gif
    211 bytes · Views: 281
oops think I need to learn a bit more before I try again

jez

Jez
What sort of times were you thinking of ? Mid-morning to mid-afternoon ? Just wondering how early we need to get up - and whether we'll get back in daytime with enough spare to get clean and dry before the local firework display (and no I don't mean the kids lobing bangers around the estate !)
Fingers crossed on the weather front !;)

Jez, I'm hoping to come for the morning but will be with Bev in a 4 wheeled thing laffing at the GS 'ers on Tourances.
Fritz, will you need to set off from home and arrive back in daylight just in case.......
you obviously just made it home on candlepower....hows the plastic coated exhaust doing?

And I thought I'd got away with it........................the plastic coated exhaust still isn't rusting - but then it's S/S anyway, and lights sorted - bloody wiring ! See you Sat mid -am. Who knows, I might have a play on 4 wheels too ! ;)

:) just spoken with rebecca at parkwood, every thing is ok there but she may not have too much time to tutor the ladies as it's her 4 year olds birthday, lucky lads got a quad as a birthday present so his lessons come first.
my bikes in for 12000 mile service and possibly chipping as well so it should be faster than a dollop of brown stuff off a shiny shovel.

see ya there jez

Back
Top Bottom