Oh dear, I’ve got a hankering for a Harley again

Flipfly,
I have a 2015 1200 sportster XL custom that will be coming up for sale soon, only done nearly 13,000mls. PM me if you want a look.

Went to see a Streetglide at CMC at clay cross today.

What a disappointment. Supposedly done 5500 miles, but there was loads of rust on the footboard mounts, the oil cooler looked like someone had been playing football with it, the forks looked good from a distance, but they had been sprayed……just plain poo!

Still looking, I’ve got a couple of feelers out on 2020 Roadkings that both look minty mint, but I’m still torn because I really want an RKS again. Warrs had a 114 advertised, but I questioned it being a 114 and I was right, turns out to be a 107 and with dodgy painted panniers also 🤨

Good job I’m not in a rush, I feel I’m going to just have to ‘drop on’ my HD bargain (like I did the last one.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 66
I take it you are talking about the green one ?

Was your failed RKS a 107 ?
No, mine was a 114, but there seem to be very few of them around for sensible money, most are 107’s.

If I can get one at the right money I’ll just throw a lumpy cam in a 107, the power difference is negligible between the 2 but the 114 feels different.

Hope this isn’t a hijack but I’ve an itch I need to scratch. Going to look at this 07 Nightrain tomorrow. On at £8200 which seems good. Only a few miles from me. Flatter bars and a more normal filter is all I’d change.

Barry
IMG_3477.jpeg

No, mine was a 114, but there seem to be very few of them around for sensible money, most are 107’s.

If I can get one at the right money I’ll just throw a lumpy cam in a 107, the power difference is negligible between the 2 but the 114 feels different.
I've got a 107 RKS Stage 2 all Screamin Beagled up with the SE Torque Cam and I have to say that ain't lacking when it comes to get up and go. Probably got something to do with the shorter stroke motor? :duno

Went to see a Streetglide at CMC at clay cross today.

What a disappointment. Supposedly done 5500 miles, but there was loads of rust on the footboard mounts, the oil cooler looked like someone had been playing football with it, the forks looked good from a distance, but they had been sprayed……just plain poo!

Still looking, I’ve got a couple of feelers out on 2020 Roadkings that both look minty mint, but I’m still torn because I really want an RKS again. Warrs had a 114 advertised, but I questioned it being a 114 and I was right, turns out to be a 107 and with dodgy painted panniers also 🤨

Good job I’m not in a rush, I feel I’m going to just have to ‘drop on’ my HD bargain (like I did the last one.
I saw this one in Ocean BMW Plymouth a couple of weeks ago. Looks great in the matt white. Not cheap but I think they have had it a while so maybe open to offers.

Didn't know they fetched that much.
They don’t sell at that, but the dealers seem ridiculously wedded to their secondhand overpriced stock to make the new ones seem better value.

I was offered a 38k mile 114 Streetglide special for 16k but it had a bit too much ‘character’ 😂

I’m drawing a blank for now, even private sellers don’t seem to get back to you or are a foreign scam artist (tons of them on eBay), won’t talk on the phone and go super quiet once you ask for a viewing. I’m amazed that there are people that could fall for these scumbags.

Last edited:
This looks nice imo. Don't know the seller but seems straight forward to me.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

This looks nice imo. Don't know the seller but seems straight forward to me.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Haggis Hadaway……he has a way with words 😂

Not what I’m looking for unfortunately

Looks like this will be joining the garage toys next weekend.

2016 103 Roadking with 12,000 miles. Looks tidy, and he has the original fuel cap and fuel gauge (it has some awful skull contraptions currently).

Attachments

• IMG_2259.png
    IMG_2259.png
    341 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2260.png
    IMG_2260.png
    478 KB · Views: 58

Back
Top Bottom