Peak 'n' Lake District with a nice slice of yorkshire

Good one Dean ... thanks for sharing :thumb

All of it my stomping ground for a days ride or a few days together ... wonderful territory :D

:beerjug:

Nice trip and pics, shame about the accident, I did hear all about as it happened on the lane that runs past my house, not owning up to anything else though.........

Nice trip and pics, shame about the accident, I did hear all about as it happened on the lane that runs past my house, not owning up to anything else though.........

:thumb2 :beerjug: We are calling it a slip :blast Thing was we shouldn't have been there in that lane. I was following a post code input in the Garmin. should have gone to the Ladybower first but it led me to some house in the lanes. :nenau

Rural, sat nav's and post codes do not always work out :blast

I'm not sure I believe any of this, as I know for a fact that the north of England is all a grim industrial wasteland.

You've just photoshopped some Northern towns' names onto photos of Thanet, haven't you? :D

A good pictorial write up Dean Thanks :thumb2

:thumb2 :beerjug: We are calling it a slip :blast Thing was we shouldn't have been there in that lane. I was following a post code input in the Garmin. should have gone to the Ladybower first but it led me to some house in the lanes. :nenau

Rural, sat nav's and post codes do not always work out :blast

It's a pity I wasn't around, the slip happened 100 yards before my house, and you must have free wheeled it past. I would like to have thought we could have got it going so you could have carried on together. Did you find out why it wouldn't start, had it hydraulic'd (can't seem to spell it) with oil in the cylinders cos its run on its side?
The lane is fine, always mucky in places and lacks visibility round the corners because of the hedgerows, it does take you to Ladybower as a short cut.
It is a favourite route used by the guided tours that Rainbow motorcycles arrange, I can normally hear them coming from a mile away.
Anyway I hope it didn't spoil your tour to much.

I'm not sure I believe any of this, as I know for a fact that the north of England is all a grim industrial wasteland.

Quite correct Robin, nothing to be seen up here :nenau
You southerners please accept that Dean is just daydreaming, playing around with his camera and Photoshop. I might add that he's very good at it.

Move along now .....

It is a favourite route used by the guided tours that Rainbow motorcycles arrange, I can normally hear them coming from a mile away.

Not Rainbow Trekker, just a couple of guys that run their own little business starting out from Rainbow. Using Rainbows name, that of ABR and for trips'n tours using hotels I've used :nenau

You've just photoshopped some Northern towns' names onto photos of Thanet, haven't you? :D

I knew a southerner would rumble me :D :blast when I left the peak District I was tempted to leave the Motorway and snap some dreamy pictures of the small villages of Bolt on, Prest on and Lan caster, I realised that might be pushing it a bit to far :D

It was terrible up there I should have followed the good advice.

I can't remember the last time I went to the Lakes (60 miles) or Peaks (80 miles) on a bike

Not for me, for the reasons stated

Apologies for Photo shopping :JB

Quite correct Robin, nothing to be seen up here :nenau
You southerners please accept that Dean is just daydreaming, playing around with his camera and Photoshop. I might add that he's very good at it.

Move along now .....

;) :thumby: :D :beerjug:

It's a pity I wasn't around, the slip happened 100 yards before my house, and you must have free wheeled it past. I would like to have thought we could have got it going so you could have carried on together. Did you find out why it wouldn't start, had it hydraulic'd (can't seem to spell it) with oil in the cylinders cos its run on its side?
The lane is fine, always mucky in places and lacks visibility round the corners because of the hedgerows, it does take you to Ladybower as a short cut.
Anyway I hope it didn't spoil your tour to much.

Them lanes are so deep - tall. but nice :thumb2

My tour was so good and better than expected, first time away on my own having been away a lot with Dave and others, which I'm more used too I missed the chatting about the ride and night social, but was approached more by others as I was solo, it was an experience.

I felt gutted for Dave and he on return first night was at a low point, he had a little spill (I say little as he was OK, but his then bike was written off :eek) not so long ago and this was almost the last straw. :(

He popped round last night for a brew and a chat and here is the news on the Bonnie.

Final RAC supplement for recovery £480.00 (subject to some :Aurelius)

New gear lever peg £6.00

New headlamp/trip button and spring £6.00

Switching off the Kill switch :blast F.O.C. (yep underneath the oxford muffs :banghead: ) and I pushed it uphill .

Thanks for sharing I plan on heading up to the Dent meet a day or two early so you've given me some ideas of where to head to :thumby:

Thanks for sharing I plan on heading up to the Dent meet a day or two early so you've given me some ideas of where to head to :thumby:

I'm hoping to be up at Dent on the Tuesday (26th) .. but it'll be in the VW campervan :beerjug:

i would love to ride that route sounds and looks a maze ing
any chance i could get that route for my zumo from one of you knowledge abled
geezers
thanks
bob

i would love to ride that route sounds and looks a maze ing
any chance i could get that route for my zumo from one of you knowledge abled
geezers
thanks
bob

Hi Bob,

To be honest for this as the first picture posted I'm a map highlighter scribbler :reynolds I mark where I want to go and more :D then use the garmin zumo to get to specific points or point to point.

It is nice to spread the Map out and decide what suite you at the time. (I had more in mind that the good fellow members of here suggested but that will be for another day ;))

The map used as below is big and clear with all the passes clearly marked. There are a couple of good loops on the Ride website one on the unseen Britain and the other in the Island special. Both show route and GPX files :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom