Phone holder - what do i need ?

Rowle

Reaction score
Hi all.
So i wont ever use the bmw satnav and want to mount my iphone in the same place.
What is the best option?
- remove the cradle altogether and fit a ram mount etc
- add one of those adapters i see on ebay

If its the adapter idea, how do they work ?

I dont to mount my phone anywhere else as above the TFT is ideal.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Rowle

remove the cradle altogether and fit a ram mount etc
Exactly what I've done and works perfectly. Didn't want to get a phone specific case and go the quadlock route. Ignore the arrows that was for something else.
51c73536e72f3445b0c3308c0ff491be.jpg

Quadlock, without a shadow of a doubt, plus you have the chance to choose a multitude of different attachments for your own individual choice

At first I was suspicious about using them, but after 4 yrs of racing around the big smoke using lights and sirens and my own iPhone and quadlock as a sat nag, I’m sold and won’t look anywhere else

Quadlock, without a shadow of a doubt, plus you have the chance to choose a multitude of different attachments for your own individual choice

At first I was suspicious about using them, but after 4 yrs of racing around the big smoke using lights and sirens and my own iPhone and quadlock as a sat nag, I’m sold and won’t look anywhere else

Only any good if you use the major brands Samsung / Iphone ,

anything else is universal. we know where thats going lol

I use my iPhone in an SP Connect case on my mountain bike. Ride a lot of off-road, over a lot of bumps and jumps, and it’s as solid as a rock. :thumb

OP cannons have a flash sale today only on the Nav6 - big chunk of money off

You could always go the Tabnav route if needed ;)

Exactly what I've done and works perfectly. Didn't want to get a phone specific case and go the quadlock route. Ignore the arrows that was for something else.
51c73536e72f3445b0c3308c0ff491be.jpg

Sounds like a good idea.
Is it easy to take the satnav bracket and wiring off ?

Also, are those kits any good that “convert” the cradle to a holder/charger ?

Thanks again.

Sounds like a good idea.
Is it easy to take the satnav bracket and wiring off ?

Also, are those kits any good that “convert” the cradle to a holder/charger ?

Thanks again.
Removing the wiring was super easy. Cut two or three cable ties then unclip something similar to an ethernet cable. I use the Optimate canbus to usb adapter so haven't adapted the mount, no need.

You could also purchase a wunderlinq adaptor,

this would allow you to use the wonder wheel with your phone

Back
Top Bottom