Picos in mid-late April

When you get in to that riding groove, the roads from the picos could lead anywhere, even the transfargarran

Picos and Portugal in May 2022
Greece, Romania, Transfargarasan etc in 2023 :)
Ah, great! So not all at same time then as was being suggested (misleadingly) by your previous post.

Anyone got any home movies of the Picos, on the 17th April?

Extra bonus if it can include the stretch from the ferry to, well, anywhere local.

Ideally April 17th from 1530hrs onwards
Just sit at the bar, amongst the strangers, you no doubt will find a chatty type who will park next to you....

I've downloaded a few shows last time onto my iPad. Really app comes in handy too, as you can download a number of magazines, newspapers to read too. Spotify for tunes and podcasts, Audible for audio books, all downloadable to your devices, so not need to pay for expensive maritime wifi.
But having been in a company of likeminded blokes, meant I have only watched one show (Grand Tour) and rest of the time, bar, restaurant, read a mag, a bit of shut eye, wonder about the top deck, bar, shut eye............

Well I am in Potes at the moment and it’s pretty damn fine. As has been mentioned it is the mountains so it can change but the last three days have been dry and today in Cangas de Onis it was 22C and glorious. I am in the area till the 13th so will update you before I leave. It is quiet which is nice - I passed 2 cars on the whole stretch between Riano and Potes today - lovely. Most of the bars are open and I have booked accommodation on the fly so maybe just book a couple of days when you arrive and see how it goes. The roads are as lovely as ever with one big exception and that is the stretch between Potes and Panes. They are still resurfacing this bit and its a big job - they were working on it when I was here last year! There is also a closure between Panes and Cangas but the diversion is quite nice so not really a problem - there is no easy diversion around the Panes/Potes section unfortunately

Anyway hope this helps if not there is always the Transfagarasan!
😎👍

Well I am in Potes at the moment and it’s pretty damn fine. As has been mentioned it is the mountains so it can change but the last three days have been dry and today in Cangas de Onis it was 22C and glorious. I am in the area till the 13th so will update you before I leave. It is quiet which is nice - I passed 2 cars on the whole stretch between Riano and Potes today - lovely. Most of the bars are open and I have booked accommodation on the fly so maybe just book a couple of days when you arrive and see how it goes. The roads are as lovely as ever with one big exception and that is the stretch between Potes and Panes. They are still resurfacing this bit and its a big job - they were working on it when I was here last year! There is also a closure between Panes and Cangas but the diversion is quite nice so not really a problem - there is no easy diversion around the Panes/Potes section unfortunately

Anyway hope this helps if not there is always the Transfagarasan!
😎👍
if coming in from the ferry you can head over the top from Puetenansa on the CA281and the CA184 which is a cracker of a route in its own right it is a few miles longer but if those roadworks at LA Hermida are anything like they were last year then it is well worth the extra miles

Reactions: lmg
if coming in from the ferry you can head over the top from Puetenansa on the CA281and the CA184 which is a cracker of a route in its own right it is a few miles longer but if those roadworks at LA Hermida are anything like they were last year then it is well worth the extra miles

Yup, that’s what we did last year . Great roads

38b3d636229a2b3a79aff7b6a2ea8773.png

94d97edc84da28e04045f682ce7096c6.png

Agreed - it is great road - I just assumed as it was bad last year they would have finished it by now - the way it looks in all honesty they will still be working on it this time next year!

Ok here is the update - sadly sitting on the ferry on the way back. Weather at the moment is superb- 25C and the roads are empty. I had one morning rained off in the last two weeks the rest has been dry- cooler two weeks ago but the weather right now is perfect. Obviously it is the mountains and it could change in the next two weeks but if I was you I would book a couple of days and see. Hotels are not busy right now so you shouldn’t have any problem extending your stay or worst case moving to another one.
Two weeks ago snow

Attachments

• IMG_8124.jpeg
    IMG_8124.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 16
Sorry am crap at posting photos lol
Two days ago at Covadonga lakes well worth a visit as they are still open - they close the road in the summer

Attachments

• IMG_8287.jpeg
    IMG_8287.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 15
The Goat above Potes - or is it a deer - who knows - the wine on the ferry is taking effect lol

Attachments

• IMG_8117.jpeg
    IMG_8117.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 12
Hope this helps - am off to the bar now as the ferry is a little boring if sober👍

Attachments

• IMG_8350.jpeg
    IMG_8350.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom