Recommend me a broadband range extder please.

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As the main connection is there (but on the ground floor) BT fitted the new broadband router at the rear of our flat. It's not a major problem but occasionally, streaming at the front of the flat (proper old school with brick walls) can be interrupted and speeds slower than they should be.

So, can anyone recommend a gizmo to address this? Something simple, preferably "plug and play".

Thanks.

As the main connection is there (but on the ground floor) BT fitted the new broadband router at the rear of our flat. It's not a major problem but occasionally, streaming at the front of the flat (proper old school with brick walls) can be interrupted and speeds slower than they should be.

So, can anyone recommend a gizmo to address this? Something simple, preferably "plug and play".

Thanks.

use the mains to send the signal using powerline adapters from £25

Fix it properly with a 'mesh' system. In all probability your existing router will support this.
A range extender means different passwords etc as you move around the house, a 'mesh' system lets you roam seemlessly.
A few searches will hopefully explain what you need to do, if not, come back and ask

Fix it properly with a 'mesh' system. In all probability your existing router will support this.
A range extender means different passwords etc as you move around the house, a 'mesh' system lets you roam seemlessly.
A few searches will hopefully explain what you need to do, if not, come back and ask
my link above also explains Mesh and wi-fi extenders but where there are physical barriers as mentioned by Pete, the mains adapter option might be his best option. Then there is the matter of cost, which is bound to be a factor if geographical stereotypes are anything to go by

my link above also explains Mesh and wi-fi extenders but where there are physical barriers as mentioned by Pete, the mains adapter option might be his best option. Then there is the matter of cost, which is bound to be a factor if geographical stereotypes are anything to go by
Nice one!

If you want to keep it simple, you could go with a BT unit, but i'd suggest buying your own rather than say renting one.

I don't know what BT do for this now, but most providers try to ensure you have full coverage.

Can confirm Chablis choice above. Utterly brilliant, used for 5+ years now, simple to install via the app and amazing Wi-Fi in every room including the patio outside

not sure what package you have with bt but i would go back to them with problem

I've got the BT system. I have an ethernet cable to my garage with a disc (one of four) on the end of it.

All good as my garage is 50 metres from the house.

I have 46 devices connected to my system - lights, curtains etc. all thanks to lockdowns :D :D :D

Yes - I was bored.

We have Deco M5 units, really pleased with them. Our snug at the back of the house is 25m from the router and we get a really strong connection maybe losing just a few mbs .

Back
Top Bottom