Saw a nice Shovelhead over the weekend.

Thanks Doc

And Twizzle for the really helpful tutorial.

I’m thinking a fat boy would fit the bill. Need to raise a few more £s first so will start looking properly in the autumn.

‘I’ll be back’ as the big man says.

Thanks Doc

And Twizzle for the really helpful tutorial.

I’m thinking a fat boy would fit the bill. Need to raise a few more £s first so will start looking properly in the autumn.

‘I’ll be back’ as the big man says.
Sounds good. I do like the fat boy.

A very good old mate bought a WLA,asked me to do some work on it,
WIP he bought a second one and brought that over as well,
This was as we went into the covid thing,
I seem to recall a lot of the parts came in from Holland via some guys in Chester.
Not my thing at all ,and I won’t repeat the process.:)

A very good old mate bought a WLA,asked me to do some work on it,
WIP he bought a second one and brought that over as well,
This was as we went into the covid thing,
I seem to recall a lot of the parts came in from Holland via some guys in Chester.
Not my thing at all ,and I won’t repeat the process.:)

The WLA was produced to army spec at the begining of WW11. Lots of WLA's were left behind by the US army in Holland
after the war. They gained quite a following/cult status with the locals and the Dutch now probably know more about
WLA's then the Americans.

Of course if someone knows of a super cheap one that needs some fettling, that would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Have a chat with Russ at Bretton Motorcycles he always has a decent number in stock and is a proper straight talking old school Bike shop owner

Of course if someone knows of a super cheap one that needs some fettling, that would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You have chosen one of the most desirable softails…. Cheap will be relative.. budget £7k upwards I reckon.

Don't ride it much these days but can't live without
it If that makes sense, and seeing the Shovelhead gave me a nudge to blow the cobwebs off mine. I hope I haven't
tempted fate and it starts when I roll it out.:D
Well I finally did it on Friday. Rolled it out during a rare window in the weather. First time since October it's seen the light of day.
Gave it a clean, started first flick and off I went to North Wales. Who says Harley's are unreliable. Oh, and it ran like a dream, not bad for 24 year old bike.
Earlier in the week I put the stock handlebars back on which are very similar to Fat Boy bars (I blame Nin).
IMG_20230803_162248117_HDR.jpg

Very good. Current plan is for an early Sept ferry and run down to a mates place in the Dordogne on the FB.

Well I finally did it on Friday. Rolled it out during a rare window in the weather. First time since October it's seen the light of day.
Gave it a clean, started first flick and off I went to North Wales. Who says Harley's are unreliable. Oh, and it ran like a dream, not bad for 24 year old bike.
Earlier in the week I put the stock handlebars back on which are very similar to Fat Boy bars (I blame Nin).
View attachment 277002
Those bars look fantastic.

Well I took the cover off it today and it woke up first flick of the button. This was following its
hybernation since autumn last year (who says Harley's are unreliable):D.
I was prompted by dry roads which were clear of salt thanks to a winter monsoon following
the post Christmas cold snap. A weather window of a balmy 10* presented itself so off I went
on a two hour trip. I almost forgot about the excess of torque which this bike gifts and it's pleasing
not too loud exhaust burbble, wonderful.
Tomorrow the temperature will be a tropical 11* so I'll be off on another jaunt to give it a decent
run while the heatwave remains and the weather window remains open.:cool:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom