Seat cover/pads that work?

jacksdad63

Reaction score
Hi, I've been getting out a bit more on my new bike, 2006 GS, its superb! Very comfortable and doesn't aggrevate my dodgy elbow. This bike is staying and I'm selling my 1998 R1100RT and my 2002 ZZR 1200...just cannot ride them very far any more.
However, I've noticed a little bit of a bum ache coming on, even at 40 miles or an hour non stop riding, has anyone found an aftermarket gel or air seat 'topper' that actually works? I cannot afford to just buy a Sargant or suchlike, I have a cheapo Amazon one on the ZZR but it won't fit on the GS single seat.
Thanks, Mike :thumby:

I've been looking at the Chinese ones, Airhawk type, seen one for £12, complete with a pump. Think I'll give it a try, I'll let you know how it fares!

Sargent was the ultimate fix for me but prior to that an Airhawk did the job perfectly. There are cheaper alternatives to the Airhawk now, which weren't available years ago when I bought mine.
You may already be aware but seat height settings can be important. High front/low rear is worth experimenting with.

I bought an inflatable air pad from Sportsbike shop. Same design as the Airhawk but with a better strap system and a much better price. Works as intended but the biggest improvement to comfort was a hip replacement! Somewhat more expensive though.

I've also bought a Chinese one, Seems to be 'okay', comes with a little pump as well. When the Airhawk2 arrives I'll compare them, see if there's any major differences...apart from the price, the Amazon was £12.95 delivered next day, the Airhawk2 are around ten times as much!
I just hope the used Airhawk 2 is much better!

Back
Top Bottom