sending mapsource map as e-mail

frank1200

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
i am trying to send a friend of mine a route for a charity powker run which is on next sunday
i have done the map on mapsource on my computer but he does not have mapsource on his, is there anyway i can send him the same quality of map as we need to get copies printed very soon
thanks in advance
frank

I needed to send my son a route map.. the only way I could (easily) do it was to take a screen shot of the map and send it as an image.

It sort of worked, but to get decent detail I had to make five images of a 150 route to get it all in...:blast

use https://maps.google.ie/

Choose "Get Directions" Enter a start point and click "add destination" along the way until you get to your destination

Or just enter a start point and an end point and gently click on the blue route line and drag it onto the roads you want one at a time

Once you have finished that then you click on the little chain link icon beside the printer icon and you get the link to share

Use google earth, it's free, and basecamp, In Basecamp - view menu - google earth. Then save the route from Google Earth as a KMZ file and send that. Job done.

Back
Top Bottom