Shoei PFS (Personal Fitting Service) - Coming Soon.

Motocentral

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi @everyone

I'm not sure if many of you have heard of this yet, but Shoei are currently expanding something they're doing in mainland Europe. They call it Shoei P.F.S (Personal fitting system)

Whilst we currently offer free swapping of padding over in Shoei motorcycle helmets to make sure you get the best fit possible, Shoei are taking it to the next step. I believe there's going to be 10 dealers in the UK, of which we will be one of them who will have staff trained to offer this service.

I believe it'll begin being announced in the next couple of weeks officially , but you'll soon be able to make an appointment to come and have your head measured, have your details put into Shoei's algorythm and which ever Shoei helmet you'd like it'll tell you exactly what padding you'll need and where in the helmet it needs to go.

This service will be £50 I believe but it'll be your best chance to get the best possible fit for your motorcycle helmet.

If anyone's interested in this or wants some more information please drop us a message on here or e-Mail: sales@moto-central.co.uk

Just for clarity, can you bring your current Shoei helmet under this scheme to optimise the fitting and comfort, or is it for new helmet purchasers only ?

Just for clarity, can you bring your current Shoei helmet under this scheme to optimise the fitting and comfort, or is it for new helmet purchasers only ?
You can bring your current helmet to have it fitted perfectly, however please note when we measure you up you'll normally be between 1 or 2 sizes of shell in a helmet. We're going to have to go with the shell size that you've got in your current helmet only which isn't the best use of the service to be honest as it might not be the right size for you.

What helmet is it you currently have as it won't work for much older Shoei helmets but some later models.

I have a Shoei Neotec 2 in Medium shell size 57/58 which seems to fit very well and is all-day comfortable (despite me taking a 59 in a Schuberth). I was curious whether the fit could be improved even further with an adjustment to the padding.

I would most likely visit Motolegends in Guildford for the service as they are much closer to me than Hinckley, but thanks for the feedback.

I am due a new helmet at some point soon, so may go for a Neotec 3 and keep the 2 for my daily commute.

I'm going to burn the Schuberth with fire !!

I have a Shoei Neotec 2 in Medium shell size 57/58 which seems to fit very well and is all-day comfortable (despite me taking a 59 in a Schuberth). I was curious whether the fit could be improved even further with an adjustment to the padding.

I would most likely visit Motolegends in Guildford for the service as they are much closer to me than Hinckley, but thanks for the feedback.

I am due a new helmet at some point soon, so may go for a Neotec 3 and keep the 2 for my daily commute.

I'm going to burn the Schuberth with fire !!
So yes you can have it done on a Shoei Neotec 2. It sounds like you're the top end of size M. Shoei is 57-58cm in size Medium where as Schuberth is 58-59cm in size Large so sounds like you're going to be 58cm.

The Shoe PFS system doesn't measure you're head in the traditional way though. It takes 3 measurements and puts them into Shoei's algorythm which computes what should should need to get the perfect fit.

If there's anything else I can help with give us a shout anytime :)

Full List: XSPR, NXR2, GT Air 3, Glamster 06, Neotec 2, J Cruise 2, JO, Hornet ADV, VFX-WR, Ex Zero, Neotec 3, GT Air 3, Neotec, NXR, GT Air, J Cruise, VFX-W

Sounds spot on, when I was serving in the forces, my cap size was 58cm.

Thanks for the comprehensive advice. :thumb2

I had the PFS explained to me in person on Saturday. The initial explanation I received is that 98% of the population fit the standard helmet well. The other 2% will need thicker or thinner pads. Of those 2%, some will prefer to pay to avoid the guesswork and have their head measured. The correct thicker, thinner and standard pads will be added to the helmet. The FPS does not introduce new pads.

There's a couple good videos on Youtube regarding how the PFS works, but yes the picture above shows it well.

Obviously we've been selling helmets for years without PFS being available, but this is the next tep to achieving as close to perfection as possible.

Our Shoei PFS trainer Chris has done hundreds of these now and he's only come accross a couple situations where PFS can't improve the fit of the helmet off the shelf, of course there's going to be some people out there who fit absolutely perfectly into a helmet however we all have different shaped heads so the mass majority of us will achieve a much better fitting helmet via this method.

Back
Top Bottom