SONOS CONNECTION PROBLEM

Gordyman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am having a nightmare trying to get my Samsung tablet to connect with my Sonos speakers. It used to work fine. The speakers connect with my Samsung phone no problem.
When l go through the set up procedure the speaker and the tablet 'see' each other and the wheel of death rotates in the connection process but after several minutes the connection fails. I have tried all of the following:-
One of the checks it offers is that both items are on the same Internet, which they are
Deleted both sonos and Spotify apps and then reinstalled them
Suspended my VPN app (bitdefender)
Speaking to both my tablet and speaker nicely
I am at a loss what to do next so l am hoping that my rescue from insanity lies somewhere in this parish
Thanks for any help that is forthcoming

I had a similar problem. My speakers are controlled by 3 apps; laptop, ipad and phone. All 3 couldn't connect. I went on the Sonos help page and phoned them. The bloke on the help line was very patient, as I am a tech numpty, took almost an hour to re set the system and it has worked fine since.

0800 026 1526

Good luck.

Do you use the sonos through any other technology, like PC or laptop?

If so, and it all plays nicely, the Samsung must be the culprit, perhaps try another mobile or tablet.

Ive had sonos systems for about 15 years and they have occasional hiccups but mostly just work.

Had a recent issue with my Arc, lost 75% volume. After much forum trawling and tech support I unplugged it for an hour and rebooted. Problem solved

As always UKGSER full of helpful advice. Cheers chaps l will try your suggestions over the weekend :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom