Stella Alpina 2023 info

Yarkto

You only need one!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Update which may be useful to someone:
The next Stella Alpina Rally:

Sunday 9th July 2023

The following update has been shared by Alberto Borello who organises and mans the rally control point on the mountain each year:

• The Bardonecchia Municipal Council has introduced a toll on the road from Rochemolles to Colle del Sommeiller (ie. the Stella Alpina Rally track) with a daily cost of 8 euros per motorised vehicle.
  • Contrary to what was previously communicated on social media, a flat rate for the four days (Friday to Monday) has NOT been established for those who want to camp at the Rifugio Scarfiotti plateau site; therefore anyone camping on the mountain and riding down into the town will have to pay for a ticket for each day they ride on/off the mountain.
  • PLEASE NOTE that the track will be closed for the full 24 hours on Thursday, 7th July, so anyone wishing to arrive on Thursday and place their tent in the Rochemolles Valley will not be able to do so and will have to either arrive on the Wednesday or postpone to the Friday.
I guess the local 'marmots' need to be groomed...:rolleyes:

Anyone go this year?
It’s been on my list for years and next year I’m definitely going no matter what other shit life brings me

Anyone got a date for 2024? Not readily apparent with a quick google.

Crumbs Cookie...
Maybe a sloth-like google does it?
It always has been on the second sunday in July for the last...what is it now...37 years I think.

Crumbs Cookie...
Maybe a sloth-like google does it?
It always has been on the second sunday in July for the last...what is it now...37 years I think.
I didn't see that, so thanks.
I fancy it in 2024 if you are going
Been a few times, but not for 6-7 years
Some friends here are considering it. One of my mates goes every year, knows the score, but was not going in 24. We've never been and if he does go, we'll probably go.

I'll let you know if talks come to anything.

Some friends here are considering it. One of my mates goes every year, knows the score, but was not going in 24. We've never been and if he does go, we'll probably go.

Cheers Cookie
I have been 3x I think
Obviously there is the main Sunday event up the mountain and camping at about the 2000m level plateau,at a cafe/refugio
We have always stayed in hotels in Bardonecchia
After the Sunday event there is a daily informal meeting at the railway station cafe at 10am ish and leaders take groups out to the trails in other parts of the mountain areas, for day rides from the Monday onwards
It’s a bit of a trail riding fiesta

I didn't see that, so thanks.

I also fancy this.
if you’d like company I’d be happy to oblige.
(I happen to know that JB has a very handy mapcase!:D)

Back
Top Bottom