Take the back road when you exit the Eurotunnel in Calais !

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Saw this article in MSL which seemed quite interesting

24849f92d504c9f8213d020b2b2a5ec7.png

f99247fa30dd64901066cd0fbff81098.png

938e62f61cc8fd91026176d069a3c545.png

ce57247058759aaeea2e8d5c74a649be.png

I know you’re a bunch of lazy bastards so I’ve quickly plotted the crux of the route from leaving the tunnel as far as Montreuil sur Mer.
It might be wrong but I’ve just flown 5000 miles so I’m a tad jaded.

[

Last edited:
Funnily enough going 7 of us going on a day trip to le crotoy next Tues,desvres is a coffee stop on the way down and we go through licques on the way back from hesdin which is the afternoon coffee stop.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

I've done some great roads from the Tunnel down to Laon and Reims...much more scenic than you would think from the views on the motorway. The only trouble is that it is exactly 2.5 hours from the tunnel to Reims on the motorway...and at least double that on the back roads. But if you have time, it's well worth it...as the motorway is so dull...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I used to do a number of 4x4 events with the Calais off road club and can heartily agree the the countryside off the motorway in the region is quite special.

I've used that route through Guines & Licques several times to get to an overnight stop after taking an afternoon tunnel. It's a pleasant trundle to somewhere like St Omer, with some undulating terrain that is not as boring as many would insist.

It’s a bloody sight quicker going 300 miles south from Kent than the same distance north.

And much more pleasant, the roads are better, because they don’t dig them up, there’s more of them and less traffic.

That’s pretty much a jaunt I have done several times with bods from UKGSer and when I run a bike in in France. Except, we went a bit further over the two days.

Back
Top Bottom