The Long Way Round UK. July 27th

jenks said:
An update on progress>

We have raised just short of £1200 for the hospice, most of which can be gift aided so that works out at £1400. Which we are both very proud off.

One of the highlights to this trip has been the very kind and supportive notes we have recived, giving incouragment and and financial support, it makes us very proud to be part of this group.

Needless to say William feels as much part of the club as I do, and is coming up with some great idea's for a follow up trip. 10 counties in 10 days!!!!

The challenge I have set him is to achieve straight A's in his core subjects over the next acedemic year, and we will do an other trip. I know that's tough and I certainly didn't achieve it, but he did it last year so he can do it again. Reasonable? possibly not but he can do it if he wants.

Thank you to everyone who has incouraged him, and supported our project, it wouldn't have meant as much as it has if it wasn't for you all.

Regards & Ride Safe
Andrew

Andrew and William,

Fantastic news!! :clap :bow :clap :bow :clap :bow
Moo!

Just read your report fantastic :bow :bow :bow well done to the both of you.
Great amount raised :thumb

Was it yir dads idea to go to the distillery :D

Oonyack,

I have to educate the boy somehow....don't I.

It was quite funny really, after the tour of Glenmorangy I was offered a sample, but not William,as they said he was too young. He thought this a bit off so went into the shop and bought a mini bottle to try, no questions asked.

Fortunatly, he hasn't aquired the taste so my bottle of 25 year single malt will remain in tact.

One question you maybe able to enlighten me on is, if they haven't sold it in the last 25 years, Why is it more expensive, shouldn't it be in the discounted bin????

Andrew

jenks said:
Oonyack,

I have to educate the boy somehow....don't I.

It was quite funny really, after the tour of Glenmorangy I was offered a sample, but not William,as they said he was too young. He thought this a bit off so went into the shop and bought a mini bottle to try, no questions asked.

Fortunatly, he hasn't aquired the taste so my bottle of 25 year single malt will remain in tact.

One question you maybe able to enlighten me on is, if they haven't sold it in the last 25 years, Why is it more expensive, shouldn't it be in the discounted bin????

Andrew

Aye you would think it would have gone off by then
25yrs to last 25 mins :D Hic
I haven't acquired the taste yet but will keep trying :thumb
20 drams a week for last 20yrs you can't say I'm not a trier

Back
Top Bottom