The Next Best Bike in The World Ever......Thread :-)

dd6798cd0864cbcac78f070e33c04458.jpg

d4c667ad1d75cf4804697bb6d746ece3.jpg

640bhp

I'm in France on my 1290R.
Ok, so it ain't slow. Done mainly N and D roads today but doing last 100 miles on autoroute.
Sanef tag in sleeve pocket. Pull up to toll barrier -green light. Go.....
Quick shifter up the box , even changing up at running in red band of 6000 revs, its bloody rapid.

The MTC and banging down the box works bloody well too.

Screen on the R is perfect for me with it wound up.
Just a bit of clean air in your face , which stops lower back ache on a long ride. I'm 6'1".
Anybody under 5'11" would be in a bubble. Great screen especially considering it's small profile.

Hey lads, anyone know of a dealer with 1290R demo bike - my local dealer (M&S in Newcastle) haven't even got an S on demo yet
Pretty sure my next bike will be a 1290 but can't decide which one (or possibly a 1200 Rallye? :nenau)... not sure I'd do a R justice riding 90% on road but I like the idea of manual suspension

Nutty if you had to take either the 1290S or the Rallye back right now which one would it be?
Arsey :beerjug:

Nutty if you had to take either the 1290S or the Rallye back right now which one would it be?

I don't think I could choose, to be honest. Both bikes are different enough to warrant having both.

Finally....the eagle has lanes in Norm Iron. :aidan

Attachments

• IMG_1686.jpg
    IMG_1686.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1687.jpg
    IMG_1687.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 281
Hey lads, anyone know of a dealer with 1290R demo bike - my local dealer (M&S in Newcastle) haven't even got an S on demo yet
Pretty sure my next bike will be a 1290 but can't decide which one (or possibly a 1200 Rallye? :nenau)... not sure I'd do a R justice riding 90% on road but I like the idea of manual suspension

Arsey :beerjug:

Don't think like that . The R is fantastic on the road . Mine will never venture far off it . It corners like it's on rails even with 21/18 wheels.

Don't think like that . The R is fantastic on the road . Mine will never venture far off it . It corners like it's on rails even with 21/18 wheels.

If you think that corners well, try an S.;)

I feel exactly the same about my 1190R.

Never thought i would, or I wouldn't have bought an 1190S first. It doesn't make sense on paper, but fortunately I don't ride much on paper :D

Well I've had a little jolly on a 1290S and unfortunately for me I liked it.

The bike I rode only had 300 miles on it so I was nice to it and didn't really get to see what the difference between that bike and my 1190S is when really winding the throttle back but it was very obvious that low in the rev range the 1290 is a better bike. Handling was solid and the tyres felt good even on damp roads that had been frosted overnight but I didn't expect anything else.

The toys are fun, I'd never ridden a bike with cruise control before and liked it. The instrument panel looks like an iPad mini tipped on its side but the display was very good and because I'm used to how KTM lay things out is was easy to navigate.

Do I want one? Hell yes but I need to think long and hard about it because of going self employed less than a year ago and even though I'm confident I'll keep busy I'm feeling slightly risk averse at the moment. They offered me £8.5k on my 2 year old 1190 which is a good price because it's a 2014 model that I bought new at a much reduced price in 2015 so the choices now are stick with what I've got (sensible), buy one and finance about 5k over 2 years so I keep cash in the bank (not really a risk and I can get the money) or do I rape my savings account and hope to keep busy and not get any rainy days.

If I buy one it'll be a beer induced purchase and I'm away for a weekend on the piss in Dieppe sailing from Dover tomorrow morning :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom