Things to see and do near Doc’s favourite hotel in the Black Forest

GreyHairedWombat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would you remind me what is the name of 'Doc's fav Black Forest hotel'? Thanks

=======

I have cut this question from a thread on the Deutsche Alpenstrasse. To avoid too much of a thread hijack, it’s maybe better off here.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Doc,
I assume you know the Black Forest well. Wife and I will stay in your favourite hotel 2 nights to rest and chill. Do you have any recommendations to visit nearby? Attempting to search on German tourist sites but not found anything yet. After our second night we will travel to Stadtkyll in Eifel via Cochem
Thanks,
Richard

Worth a visit.
Cochem is also one of my favourite places to visit. Especially when the wine festival is on.:beerjug:
A nice ride from your hotel.
Lots of nice rides. We usually just set off and go wherever I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Hi Doc,
I assume you know the Black Forest well. Wife and I will stay in your favourite hotel 2 nights to rest and chill. Do you have any recommendations to visit nearby? Attempting to search on German tourist sites but not found anything yet. After our second night we will travel to Stadtkyll in Eifel via Cochem
Thanks,
Richard

The location of Doc’s favourite hotel is given as:

Gasthof Blume
Rotenbachstrasse 1
77728 Oppenau-Lierbach

Google: things to see and do near oppenau lierbach

The waterfall seems to come out top of the list.

The Black Forest area is huge, at roughly 2,300 square miles. By comparison, Norfolk is 2,000 square miles. Inevitably, things to see and do are spread out widely. The simplest would be walking in the forests. Your best bet is to Google: Top 10 Black Forest, look where the sites are and ride to some of them, having in mind that some (somewhat inconveniently) might be some distance away from Doc’s favourite hotel.

Last edited:
Thank you. Much appreciated. Yes, using same search process attempting to avoid all the adverts, etc

Worth a visit.
Cochem is also one of my favourite places to visit. Especially when the wine festival is on.:beerjug:
Lots of nice rides. We usually just set off and go wherever I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Thank you. Tither
Worth a visit.
Thank you. Lake Titisee was on my list. Incidentally would you recommend the dinner in Gasthof Blume where we’re staying? Any other walkable or close restaurants you’d recommend ?

Thank you. Tither

Thank you. Lake Titisee was on my list. Incidentally would you recommend the dinner in Gasthof Blume where we’re staying? Any other walkable or close restaurants you’d recommend ?
Nothing walkable. Food is fantastic if you are a 🍖 eater20220914_193820.jpg

Back
Top Bottom