To keep the Beta haters happy

Arsey in october I go to mexico again & count on you to go too…Stick wont go because by the time we are in Loreto he will be out of brakes…🤣

Onahi is welcome too ! We meet at Marcos in TJ si you dont have to bring & crash your own bikes…👍

Now on my third set of test pads , 1700 miles , last set lasted shy of 800 miles .Hope set 3 last longer , but the suns out now so I feel the the mileage will go down on the wear . Ffs love the bike tho 👍👍Really want to use the 1250 pads but with a new bike I still need to jump thro the hoops first as warrentee etc etc .

Now on my third set of test pads , 1700 miles , last set lasted shy of 800 miles .Hope set 3 last longer , but the suns out now so I feel the the mileage will go down on the wear . Ffs love the bike tho 👍👍Really want to use the 1250 pads but with a new bike I still need to jump thro the hoops first as warrentee etc etc .
From your earlier photos your discs may now be knackered, unless they'll clean up!.

stick, why don't you try and give the rear brake pedal a little more play and see what happens. when you have ridden bikes fast for a long time you tend to be hard on the brakes going into the corner even on the back brake, giving a bit more play on the lever may stop you shedding the speed more with the front and very little back but will still bite if you need it. It's free to try and you will tell straight away that the braking you have been doing is now different.

From your earlier photos your discs may now be knackered, unless they'll clean up!.
Well Bm seem not worried about the condition , but agree with you . Measured the wear and new 4.5mm , now at 4.39 max wear 4.0 mm so 20% wear after 1700 miles ouch.
The second set ad .5mm left on them but as out on a 3 / 400 mile ride this week they would not last the ride based on the current wear rate and I buggered if im changing them on the side of the road , imagine the joy on a KTm riders face lol.

Well Bm seem not worried about the condition , but agree with you . Measured the wear and new 4.5mm , now at 4.39 max wear 4.0 mm so 20% wear after 1700 miles ouch.
The second set ad .5mm left on them but as out on a 3 / 400 mile ride this week they would not last the ride based on the current wear rate and I buggered if im changing them on the side of the road , imagine the joy on a KTm riders face lol.
The discs look scored on the photo so they will wear the pads quicker. Sometimes photos can be deceptive though.

stick, why don't you try and give the rear brake pedal a little more play and see what happens. when you have ridden bikes fast for a long time you tend to be hard on the brakes going into the corner even on the back brake, giving a bit more play on the lever may stop you shedding the speed more with the front and very little back but will still bite if you need it. It's free to try and you will tell straight away that the braking you have been doing is now different.
As its so new I am running with the Dealer as for warantee claims etc . I have looked at the 1250 pads as they are similar ( not exact ) as an alternative but again after chatting with the dealer best to stick with the current methods until we have a solution as retro fitting a non model specific part could create issues etc. As for the adjustment , it was all check and taken apart by the dealer ( both bikes ) an all was found to be as it should , and I feel its more than an adjustment as the brake position feels fine . I use brakes heavily as only ride for the pleasure and mainly on back roads with very little main roads as find them boring so the back road riding will be more demanding on the brakes , I get that and understand that maybe if you potter along and stick to A roads ( which is fine , no offence to anyone ) you may well not be putting as much pressure on the brakes as I may do. I never had the issue with the 1250 , 1200 and the recent V4 , I am convinced its the pads as they are different from the 1250 pads as the new ones (new) are black and leave carbon on you fingers , not like the 1250 pads which are copper colour and leave not marks when rubbed.
I will carry on being a test bike , suits me at the moment but the costs are going to get expensive as a 2.5 k tour in Spain will work out to 3 sets of pads .
Thanks for the post as may get them to check again , but I just hope they change the material.

If they leave a black residue they are probably an organic compound.

My early 2004 GS came with sintered front pads and organic rears. It chewed through rears, then BMW re-specified all Hexheads with sintered rear pads and the problem went away.

Looks like they may have gone full-circle again with the 1300.

My early 2004 GS came with sintered front pads and organic rears. It chewed through rears, then BMW re-specified all Hexheads with sintered rear pads and the problem went away.

Looks like they may have gone full-circle again with the 1300.
Its annoying this has happened as I had the discussion at the service counter as we compared both sets of pads and they agreed but as the Mothership needed to check they were hand tied , even when when they came back stating (BMW Germany) all was normal as far as the test went.
Oh well , best to ride this one out and apprecaite all comments and advice.

That'll be the mothership that told me the 2004 bikes were fine on 10W40 in an English summer and shouldn't bring the oil light on in heavy traffic at idle, then changed the oil spec to thicker oil.

The same mothership that told me my rear brake disk mounting flange was fine with cracks in it, then issued a recall to replace the alloy part with a steel one.

The brake pads you've already heard about.

They are full of it.

As its so new I am running with the Dealer as for warantee claims etc . I have looked at the 1250 pads as they are similar ( not exact ) as an alternative but again after chatting with the dealer best to stick with the current methods until we have a solution as retro fitting a non model specific part could create issues etc. As for the adjustment , it was all check and taken apart by the dealer ( both bikes ) an all was found to be as it should , and I feel its more than an adjustment as the brake position feels fine . I use brakes heavily as only ride for the pleasure and mainly on back roads with very little main roads as find them boring so the back road riding will be more demanding on the brakes , I get that and understand that maybe if you potter along and stick to A roads ( which is fine , no offence to anyone ) you may well not be putting as much pressure on the brakes as I may do. I never had the issue with the 1250 , 1200 and the recent V4 , I am convinced its the pads as they are different from the 1250 pads as the new ones (new) are black and leave carbon on you fingers , not like the 1250 pads which are copper colour and leave not marks when rubbed.
I will carry on being a test bike , suits me at the moment but the costs are going to get expensive as a 2.5 k tour in Spain will work out to 3 sets of pads .
Thanks for the post as may get them to check again , but I just hope they change the material.
When you doing Spain Stick? If its round the Picos in May ill bring some spare 1250 pads with me and a file :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

September at the moment, but in the big boy mountains 🏔️ west to east and back 👍 you could leave a set at the port if you want with a file mind , help me spread the cost 👍👍👍😂

Back
Top Bottom