Touratech Sport Bars

stick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dry fit of the bars along with the cylinder covers , I like it ….

Attachments

• IMG_2966.jpeg
    IMG_2966.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2965.jpeg
    IMG_2965.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2964.jpeg
    IMG_2964.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2963.jpeg
    IMG_2963.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2962.jpeg
    IMG_2962.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2961.jpeg
    IMG_2961.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 97
Looks good. Surprised you went with the silver bars instead of black bars….

That looks good!
I’m debating between those and the larger versions at the moment.
How was fitting etc?

I’m thinking of these sports bars too……….

Wish machineart moto would get their act together and produce the X head guards like the 1250 ones…..
Coz I would like them with the TT sports bars

Looks good. Surprised you went with the silver bars instead of black bars….
Dry fit as was unsure if the bars would fit with the covers , off to the coaters on Monday , not sure if satin or semi gloss .

That looks good!
I’m debating between those and the larger versions at the moment.
How was fitting etc?
Really easy , no issues . Have seen some chap with a cap and a container shed using a clamp , but you don’t need it at all , he over thought it .

I’m thinking of these sports bars too……….

Wish machineart moto would get their act together and produce the X head guards like the 1250 ones…..
Coz I would like them with the TT sports bars
They should fit as the Bm is similar in thickness from memory. The ones fitted will look better in black but decided to ensure they fitted .

The black ones do look good , compared to the silver that’s why I coated them . 👍

Attachments

• IMG_2873.jpeg
    IMG_2873.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 79
Stick I think the BMW enduro bars are much better than these ! Reasons ? They dont decrease lean angle and are sturdier due to the extra bar up front while these will bend against the valve cover in case of a mishap…Often the stuff BMW offers is worth the extra $$$ over the aftermarket stuff !

Do you think the head covers are needed with the bars too?
Not sure , but will be fitting the other side without today as having a garage day .
Into eas sending the covers back but felt I would see how it looks and what extra it may give . Road riding only so maximum grind resistance is the goal . Let’s see today .

Do these have a crossmember that connects the left to the right side for rigidity and prevention against collapse against the headcover? The Wunderlich bars for the 1250 had an optional crossmember that was positioned in front of the front engine cover.

Looks like no crossmember and too much lean angle reduction...The BMW Enduro bars look like a better design to me ! Probably also made by TT...LOL

Do these have a crossmember that connects the left to the right side for rigidity and prevention against collapse against the headcover? The Wunderlich bars for the 1250 had an optional crossmember that was positioned in front of the front engine cover.
No these don’t as more towards sport rather than off road. They have plastic slider that sits close to the head so this would be enough to keep the bar in position . As I said more road design than the off road cages and I wanted a cleaner look without the cross bar . With running both the bars and covers I feel it’s a good coverage without the bulk and would protect the engine on case of a slide as much as it could .

I'd say so

Any crash that gets through that lot will surely be a write off anyway
Agree , its that get back after a low side , away once with a chap , low sided , no protection , took it down to valves ..ouch . Stuck on side of the road for hours and end of trip ( for him) .
It also against the slow drop as well , punctures from debris found on the road. Have cracked a cover before and the bike only fell off the stand at a gate over Barmouth way , JB weld fix but annoying .

The only "sport" of these bars will be you pushing the GS onto a flatbed truck when the bars have penetrated the valve covers and put a hole in it after a crash...LOL

Has Boxerlust vanished as last night he posted wisdom on here and a stupidly un ignored him ( what was I thinking) , typed a reply but waited until thismorning to check if i was being a bit harsh.
To my delight he seems to have vanished , or was it a bad dream...

We can only hope the idiot has gone……
No loss to this site as he only ever posted the same cr*p over and over again.
Personally I don’t think he actually even HAD a motorcycle…..tried to get him to post a picture of him and bike, but he never did…… just confirmed my theory.

The only "sport" of these bars will be you pushing the GS onto a flatbed truck when the bars have penetrated the valve covers and put a hole in it after a crash...LOL
No I am stilll here as I contribute more than the 2 of your together and have some sense of humor doing it...LOL

Back
Top Bottom