tyre advice

jules r

I have seen similar posts on tyre’s before but never seen an answer.
I am riding to Morocco in a couple of weeks road and off road (not much off road experance)
should I
1) Stick with the Anakees for the whole trip? (newish)
2) or change to TKC's?

:thumb2

Are you riding all the way or ferry to N Spain?
I'd never go to Morocco on road tyres, what's the point:confused: but much can be achieved with road tyres.

We are doing the same in May and June - northern Spain to Morocco and back. We have no experience with tyres in Morocco either but have decided to replace the newish (2000 miles) stock tyres with TKCs now and keep the old ones for future use. Hope this helps.

Just got back from Morocco - went Midlands to Plymouth - Santander all way through Spain to Tarifa - did about 1500 miles in Morocco and then went all the way back again on TKC 80s total about 3,800 miles - still got a little bit of tread left and we did some pistes as well.

I'm leaving for Morocco on Monday :bounce1 so put my TKC's on last weekend. I plan to ride France and Spain (i live near the Channel Tunnel). Been riding a few days on them now and all is fine. In fact, i kind of prefer them over my road tyres because they handle an uneven road surface really well. Note the lower speed rating though!

right so ::

i did some foulish comment about TKC's before, just becouse i did know how it really is.

got TKC's fitted in Cork and tried (it looked like they will melt in first long motorway spin)
BUT after long drive to Morocco and then the pistes with all the loose rock you'll find on the earth, some sand - way back through spain and france 7000Km and still the TKC looks like would do more !!!!!! AMAZING

And i was nearly swapping for road tyres in Zagora just to make way home ??

just take it easy on wet.... slipped of the tarmac once (luckly no damage)

tyres storage

Hello everyone!

Just whant to inform if you whant to change your tyres down in the south of spain, specilly 80km from Tarifa, we are base in Estepona so if you come with road tyres and whant to change here is not problem for us, any whant that need any help you got a base here, mechanic and electricity to, just concidering that you are going to do un 80% on tarmac road you could left your tyres here and mounted before your cross to Morocco, is just unoction, also if you got problems with paper work in the Moroccan border or with the Spanish Guardia Civil our tlf nº are 0034 652 200 040 / 0034 952 867803 David, and our web www.motoadventours.com we will try to help anyonethat need it.

David Sobredo.
Moto Adventours.:beerjug:

Change your tyres

Just got back from African trip. UK-Nr. Spain - Sn. Spain - on real road tyres change them to off road in Southern Spain.
Why ride so far on Knobs with all the noise and loss of road holding. The trip is not just off road is it?
Try www.motoadventours.com. they have a workshop in Marbella 80K from Ferry to Africa. They can help with the change of tyres and many other things you may need prior to your Ferry crossings.
You can also store there if needed.
Hope this helps.

The decision is linked with your plan. If you will go to desert as well (Merzouga - Zagora trip for expample) I strictly recommend you to use offroad tires like TKC80 as minimume (better is Karroo - but not "T" type).

But if you will use the asfalt road only, Anakee can by OK as well.

So are we saying that it is perfectly possible to ride from the UK, France, Spain and into Morocco and then back on a set of new knobbies without the fear of getting down to the carcass

So are we saying that it is perfectly possible to ride from the UK, France, Spain and into Morocco and then back on a set of new knobbies without the fear of getting down to the carcass

Yes, but don't be overly alarmed at the wear rate in the first 800-1000 miles

I rode down through Spain, then round Morocco a bit, then all the way back to the UK on Heidenau K60's. Total trip of 4000 miles, and they're about half worn I reckon.

WAY better than the TKC on road, as good off it ( in the dry stuff at least) and cheaper to boot.

I rode down through Spain, then round Morocco a bit, then all the way back to the UK on Heidenau K60's. Total trip of 4000 miles, and they're about half worn I reckon.

WAY better than the TKC on road, as good off it ( in the dry stuff at least) and cheaper to boot.

:thumb that's the info i need cheers

Back
Top Bottom