Tyre choice GSA?

I've found the CTA's on my TC GSA have worn very badly. They aren't Squaring Off, but the Blocks are wearing very unevenly, especially on the Rear. I won't be using them again. I only put them on this time because they were stupidly cheap
Weird. I'm just about to head into a 4th set...because, well, they're so good.

Are you able to post any pics? When you describe 'blocks' I'm curious if we are talking about the same tyre? The CTA is a road tyre (with off road dillusions ).

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

As, we all agree, tyres are mostly a personal matter and preference, adding a couple of pics of my current set of Scorpion Trail that I suggested in the second post.

Just to give some context: had the tyres fitted in Rome last September. Rode the bike back to London in October through a mix of smaller roads in Italy/France, including route Napoleon and a fair amount of motorway in the middle.
Minimal/close to nihl use in the UK (London and around just a few miles) and then back to France a few weeks ago for a small tour. Bike has essentially almost always traveled fully loaded.

Apart from the aforementioned pleasant results with the tyres, especially in wet conditions, these now have a bit over 5k miles and resisted squaring off fairly decently (all considering) and don't show excessive cupping if not on the front tyre, but that might be an issue with my GS set up (and some bad riding habits I have) causing it at the front.

Again, very happy with these as road tyres.

strail00.jpg
strail01.jpg
strail04.jpg
strail02.jpg

I’m on my second rear TA3, the fronts done near enough 12k now, and is rather a strange shape. The second rear has a thousand or so left, so the fronts got a bit longer to go yet. I know I’m kinda use to it, how it’s handling etc, but honestly, I’m ok with it. It’s still steering and gripping amazingly well. I’ve a pair of Tourances waiting to go on next, bought them when M+P had them on a cracking deal, but will go back to TA3s again once they’ve worn out.
Got my TAs from Bikespeeduk, £255 a pair atm last I looked.

Just bought a pair of CTA3s for £235 on a blackcircles offer that was highlighted on another thread. So I’m now good for the next two sets on my Tenere.

These do the trick off road. A bit sketchy on sections of concrete on the M25, but great on the French twisties. GPS Tractionator Adventure.

IMG_0218.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom