Voge 300 Rally

Davey B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'll do the odd 'how it's going' post on here....after collecting a new Voge 300 Rally this morning.
I've mentioned on another thread why I went for the Voge...mainly on price, I'd had my heart/head set on a CRF300L but Voge France were banging these out at €3500, or about £3100 while the CRF would have been £5300 (and needed some suspension work to firm it up as I aren't 55kg as it appears to have been set up for)
A test ride proved it to be pretty similar to the CRF so an order was placed (as did a mate at the same time) so on a miserable, wet and claggy December morning we popped over to the dealership and after a speedy, professional handover, off we went. Running in is for 500km....at a max of c 60-65kmh....we chose our return route carefully to avoid dual carriageways and the bigger roads (both of them...we are pretty rural out here) a quick stop for a brew and 80km later I'm home. First impressions.....it's a cheapo single cyclinder little trail bike. Took me back to being a teenager to be honest. It tracked well, felt solid on the soggy, mucky bendy bits and I didn't fall off so all good.
First service next week so better get a few 100k rides in this next week. More to follow (especially some tame green lane stuff)IMG-20231212-WA0002.jpeg

Erm, no. (Loads on the internet but I've not taken any really....I'll take a few as I get out and about)

not sure you've seen this......
looks to be a decent bike have fun (y) :clap
Yes, seen most of the videos I could find. I'm not sure how well this bike would last after a few UK winters with the shite lathered all over the roads but on the continent, there doesn't seem to be the same issue. Interestingly, one of the naysayers was mumbling on about non stainless spokes...in this day and age!. An odd one for me. My £12k 2017 Africa Twin needed a new set of wheels under warranty as Honda had failed to fit the bike with stainless spokes.
I then read others saying 'If only they used ### or put better #### on it' missing the point that if they did, little bits would be added to the price with every upgrade and all of a sudden it would within hundreds of the CRF (But likely way better)
Time will tell.

Yes, seen most of the videos I could find. I'm not sure how well this bike would last after a few UK winters with the shite lathered all over the roads but on the continent, there doesn't seem to be the same issue. Interestingly, one of the naysayers was mumbling on about non stainless spokes...in this day and age!. An odd one for me. My £12k 2017 Africa Twin needed a new set of wheels under warranty as Honda had failed to fit the bike with stainless spokes.
I then read others saying 'If only they used ### or put better #### on it' missing the point that if they did, little bits would be added to the price with every upgrade and all of a sudden it would within hundreds of the CRF (But likely way better)
Time will tell.

Enjoy it Dave & post updates with your thoughts please

Great stuff.
Are you comparing the price with the CRF L or Rally?
I’d be interested to know how smooth it is - to me the CRF L felt a bit snatchy compared with the CRF Rally.
I’m not interested in performance but whether the power delivery is smooth and torquey - obviously different but at the same time similar to a taller, lighter 411 Himmie.
Thanks for any updates

Great stuff.
Are you comparing the price with the CRF L or Rally?
I’d be interested to know how smooth it is - to me the CRF L felt a bit snatchy compared with the CRF Rally.
Over here we only get the 300L so the initial post is against that...which would need a screen and small rear rack plus the suspension sorting to become 'equivalent' to this Voge. A more direct comparison is obviously the Honda Rally.
I've ridden it once...for all of 50 miles...all I can say so far is that it has the smoothest gearbox I've ever used on a motorbike....I'm hoping it is not because it is made of soft chocolate.

Nice one Dave have fun and keep us updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put another 200+ miles on this this weekend. The engine is loosening up a bit and the bike is a breeze to ride on the lanes and back roads where I live. I rode down a local track on Friday, the tyres that come standard are definitely not suitable for an off camber, very muddy track but I 'managed'. I'll let the last 10 weeks of rainfall filter asay and the trails dry a bit before I venture offroad....yeah #softtwat
Puy Mary/Le Lioran in the background

Attachments

• 20231217_134846.jpg
    20231217_134846.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20231217_114831.jpg
    20231217_114831.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 51
Put another 200+ miles on this this weekend. The engine is loosening up a bit and the bike is a breeze to ride on the lanes and back roads where I live. I rode down a local track on Friday, the tyres that come standard are definitely not suitable for an off camber, very muddy track but I 'managed'. I'll let the last 10 weeks of rainfall filter asay and the trails dry a bit before I venture offroad....yeah #softtwat
Puy Mary/Le Lioran in the background
Lovely place to run in a new bike...Was that frost on the ground?:yikes:D
Health to enjoy and some warm weather.

Yes, stayed all day in sheltered/shaded spots. Got to a heady 8c at one point....

I just priced this in PT and they want 4.5K! I really don`t understand the pricing at times, I know the vehicle tax here is usually a lot more, so it makes most vehicles more expensive...3.5K is a really good price for what you have there. :beerjug:

First service done. I wish I'd dropped it off and wandered across the road for a coffee for an hour. I would have been happy with the £100 they charged. As it was, I watched the mechanic drop the oil, remove a €5 filter, have a quick shufty round, refill with oil and wheel it outside. Half an hour and the cheeky twats charged €18.90 (£16.50) for the oil filter. Hey ho.
50-55mph is absolutely fine now, few vibes and it rides well. Seems to do 85-90mpg, so an easy 160-180 mile range.
Gearbox is still an absolute peach.

Looks like a great bike for the money. Going to look at one next week. For anyone in the UK who is interested, I have put together a pricing and PCP comparison to get it straight in my head. Looking forward to seeing more of your adventure on the Rally

Picture1.png

Back
Top Bottom