Wales 16th - 18th May 2008

Nick refuses to take my panniers and I refuse to get rid of the pink tinkerbell so I will be riding my own bike complete with the tinkerbelled panniers :D

little beemer had better keep her ear plugs in if her tents near mine, apparently i snore!
There's plenty of room to spread out, have you seen the size of the "overflow" site? :eek

Rumour has it that the furthest end is in a different county. :D

Yep, the tent packs right down to fit on nicks bike, all done and dusted. I am taking the panniers with gear and the chairs will be laid and secured over the top, nothing to it :augie Have a bag of earplugs for when we ride up, wont be needed once we get there :thumb
Reckon a few more will be bookin this wk if the weather is gonna look good!

Don't sleep naked !!!!

Just got back from the N.A.B.D. rally and about thirty tents got rifled ( there is always a parasite )..one tent had a married couple fast asleep when said scum entered the tent and then entered their bedroom and stole £120 from right next to naked wife :eek: Her sister was telling me it had (obviously) spooked her big time that blokes could enter their tent and then the bedroom partion and then steal from right next to her...and they never heard a thing ( to much beer - devils poison )

Apparently 4 young men entered the tents and if disturbed flashed a torch in the occupants face and apologised for getting into the wrong tent..then walked away. Security didn't want to know. Organisers didn't want to know either:(

Of course there will be non of this at Baskerville:thumb2

Now, Little Beemer, you were talking about camping and living with nature.......:augie

Don't sleep naked !!!!

Just got back from the N.A.B.D. rally and about thirty tents got rifled ( there is always a parasite )..one tent had a married couple fast asleep when said scum entered the tent and then entered their bedroom and stole £120 from right next to naked wife :eek: Her sister was telling me it had (obviously) spooked her big time that blokes could enter their tent and then the bedroom partion and then steal from right next to her...and they never heard a thing ( to much beer - devils poison )

Apparently 4 young men entered the tents and if disturbed flashed a torch in the occupants face and apologised for getting into the wrong tent..then walked away. Security didn't want to know. Organisers didn't want to know either:(

Of course there will be non of this at Baskerville:thumb2

Now, Little Beemer, you were talking about camping and living with nature.......:augie

This sort of thing seems to be on the increase at music festivals too. At one festival the dozy twits robbed the tent of some senior policeman, who was most unhappy and actually managed to get the thieves caught. Although they did take pictures of themselves with a stolen camera, which was perhaps unwise.

:aidan:aidan The passport has arrived in time so it looks as if I will be able to join you lot.. I have booked in at Turner Towers, c/0 Flipfly and Liz. I also hope to be bringing "Lill" the 80 and just to make proff happy, She will be sporting the "right" tyres.
I believe the off roadf run is fully booked but is there a fords run ,or similar? and if so where do I book in?
See Ya Friday:thumb:thumb

Forecast is not looking too great for this weekend. Prefer it to rain now whilst stuck in the office then at the weekend :(

Are you going too Tom, I only said to Nick early this mornin I wonder if you an any of the others were going (Gazza, Sani, Stubbs etc) ? I know that shadowfist (chris) will be there with erika :cool:
Re the weather they say its gonna cool down now this wk maybe a shower Thursday but who can tell, lets be honest, they rarely get it quite right do they....she says heres hopin :rolleyes:

Forecast is not looking too great for this weekend. Prefer it to rain now whilst stuck in the office then at the weekend :(

:hapybnce::hapybnce::hapybnce::hapybnce::hapybnce::hapybnce:
You can laugh rain away you know, it's the updraft from your expelled air blowing the clouds away.... but you already knew that didn't you :D

It's only for 2 or 3 fecking days !!!

Phew it's all go ain't it :bounce1
Wobblybox is 95% loaded :thumb2
I've decided to use my covered trailer, doubles as an emergency tent:D
so had to get a spare wheel.:eek
DVD's are loaded to make sure kids are happy, :thumb2
Ciders ordered to make sure Adults:rolleyes: are Happy:thumb2
Clotted cream /strawberries ordered to make Duchess happy:JB:boobies:whip:Duchess
Worked out which Bikes I'm taking :augie:augie:augie
Pussers and Woods on board to make me happy:rob

THEN
Bloody rear view camera goes tits up :spitfire
Can get one from china for £5 plus £15.00 delivery [up to 6 weeks] :blast
Or one from UK:) next day delivery, fully warranted for £50..
Should have been here yesterday :thedummy
Got on phone to Royal Mail and had a bit of :handbag:handbag:handbag
Just phoned back, "it's found and will be with you today":rolleyes:

watch this space:rob

Emergency edit, just phoned my supplier for another bottle of Woods 100% navy rum as I'm down to half a bottle.
OUT OF STOCK :spitfire:spitfire NONE TILL NEXT WEEK:spitfire:spitfire
Anyone on here got a local supplier and can bring me one or two bottles to Baskerville
I WILL pay you for them :thumb2

please post here or PM me :thumb2:rob

FFS, DON'T All bring me a bottle I'm not that affluent !!:eyesdown

Had a "trial pack" last night, as well as trying put my new tarp in the garden. Tarp is bigger than I thought; I might be able to sell tickets to watch me put it up as a slapstick comedy routine. :blast

It's reminded me how much I hate having untidy packing.

It's been a while since I put my little tent up. Can anyone remind me - do I put the inner up first and then put the outer cover on, or the outer first and then hang the inner?

I'm sure I'll remember when it comes to it. :thumb2

Is anyone taking a hammer I can borrow to drive my tent pegs in? I don't want to have to take my own.

BBC weather forecast looks a lot better in Tregaron than in Hay on Wye...

Little beemer here posting, we put ours up on saturday as I have never done it before :eek: Re a mallet to bang your pegs in, we will be takin one :thumb
Our pile of stuff keep growin in the front room, feck knows how we are supposed to take it all :augie

Are you going too Tom, I only said to Nick early this mornin I wonder if you an any of the others were going (Gazza, Sani, Stubbs etc) ? I know that shadowfist (chris) will be there with erika :cool:
Re the weather they say its gonna cool down now this wk maybe a shower Thursday but who can tell, lets be honest, they rarely get it quite right do they....she says heres hopin :rolleyes:

got to work saturday i may try and pop across on sunday:thumb2

Feck, If it rains I'm gonna have to pitstop & change my slicks to wets & keep my sliders of the deck. Not a problem, at least I'm not camping...:aidan

Had a "trial pack" last night, as well as trying put my new tarp in the garden. Tarp is bigger than I thought; I might be able to sell tickets to watch me put it up as a slapstick comedy routine. :blast

Tried putting my new tarp up the other day - I don't think you'll be the only one who looks somewhat incapable to the untrained observer.

Back
Top Bottom