Wales V England

Here's my gripe...Wales vs Gayland... bunch of bummers!

What manoeuvrability or credibility does that give?

If Wales win then they've only beaten a bunch of gaylords. If they lose (and they did) then they've been beaten by a team of bottom-mincing, soap swapping, laytex wearers. Neither outcome does Wales any favours.

This comment wasn't from this site and is not exclusive to Welsh fans as I'm sure some English fans were doing the sheep shaggin bit elsewhere, it's just what I encountered.

Actually I bet grappling a sheep to the ground and keeping it there while indulging in a fleecing moment could aid basic rugby tackling skills, but that's an aside.

My gripe is this... if you need to belittle the other side, make sure that it doesn't come back to bite you.
Better banter please.

Wheres the atmosphere of the hymns on a wet, Friday nights? So many women there too. ... I cannot bare Jonathan D ... Where's the lovely voices of Broadcasting these days, Cliff Morgan and Mr McLaren? .... Anyrode .. Sky plussed it just in case we won.....:tears
Agree with a lot of what you said TT. :clap

There should be a time delay on the big screen shots of the crowd. I can't stand the shots of "supporters" who wave like lunatics as soon as they get on the big screen .... what the hell is that all about?

Sadly I think the hymns are gone for good. Supporters today are from a totally different generation to the people that went (and sang) at the old Arms Park in the Glory Days of the 70s ie 40 years ago. Back then, a lot of people were regular chapel / church goers and knew hymns off by heart. Sadly that generation have died out and the people that go to games these days don't as a general rule go to church or chapel, so they wouldn't recognise a hymn if it bit them on the arse. The only bit they know is "And we were singing hymns and arias, land of my fathers ... ar hyd y nos" .... and sorry, but when you've heard that (and just that) 15 times in a game it grates on you a bit. :(

Cliff Morgan is retired, and you do realise that Bill McLaren :bow died a year ago don't you?

Agree with a lot of what you said TT. :clap

There should be a time delay on the big screen shots of the crowd. I can't stand the shots of "supporters" who wave like lunatics as soon as they get on the big screen .... what the hell is that all about?

Sadly I think the hymns are gone for good. Supporters today are from a totally different generation to the people that went (and sang) at the old Arms Park in the Glory Days of the 70s ie 40 years ago. Back then, a lot of people were regular chapel / church goers and knew hymns off by heart. Sadly that generation have died out and the people that go to games these days don't as a general rule go to church or chapel, so they wouldn't recognise a hymn if it bit them on the arse. The only bit they know is "And we were singing hymns and arias, land of my fathers ... ar hyd y nos" .... and sorry, but when you've heard that (and just that) 15 times in a game it grates on you a bit. :(

Cliff Morgan is retired, and you do realise that Bill McLaren :bow died a year ago don't you?

Hiya Taff..yea nail on the head for the loss of the hymns...up to a point I think. "We" were one of the last of the generation..I knew all the hymns, not from Chapel..fekkin hated it and skived it whenever I could, but from the communal singing on International days. Well, not International days, more like International long weekends ! Don't know what it's like these days as I gave up going years and years ago, for various reasons, but it really was an event to savour.

My first ever International was at the Arms park when Keith Jarrett scored 19 points, on his debut against the Saes.:bow.remember it like yesterday sat in the South Stand. :rob That was the start of attending all Welsh Internationals, home or away ( within the Five nations) for the next 15 years.

The game has been totally ruined by money and I blame JPR for writing that fookin book and making some money out of it .;) Mind you, it's only old Tossers like me that know the difference..the younger ones know no better.

Hymns and Arias?..fekkin cringeworthy moosh.

:blagblah

Oh yea, course I know about Bill McLaren...and Cliff....lovely voices and personalities too.

Back
Top Bottom