XT Update Issue??

Joe Bar

Too old to die young.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just bought a new Zumo XT, having used a Zumo 340 for the past eight years, Zumo 550 before that and before that a couple of Quests. So it's fair to say that I'm used to Garmin's various idiosyncrasies and changes from generation to generation along with routing issues etc. But, my issue this morning was a new one and haven't seen an answer on a search and read through, so any help appreciated to avoid a repeat performance.

I finished setting up the XT yesterday evening, putting in all my preferences, vehicle, avoidances, routing and changing the app order and buttons to how seemed most approriate for my use. I connected the XT to my helmet, wifi and phone and installed the Garmin Drive app. All seemed fine and dandy, but the battery level was low by the time I'd finished so I connected it to a charger and went to bed.

This morning everything had gone, and it was back to a delivered state and even my one imported route had disappeared from trip planner. I have no idea if it's done an auto update or what, but I've never experienced it in the last 18 years of Garmin nav's.

I'd like to avoid a repeat performance so if someone has an idea of what may have happened it'd be much appreciated.

Sometimes new devices will not fire up, from mains charging alone and have to be ‘woken up’ via the cradle. But your problem seems to be very different.

It’s a new one on me. It sounds like the Garmin equivalent of ‘Save changes’ didn’t happen for some reason or another. I can only guess that the flattening of the internal battery (and the presumably sudden ‘off’ that brings with it) stopped the ‘save’ happening?

Exactly the same happened when I was setting my friend's Zumo XT when it was brand new out of the box - latest update too.

I went through the settings again and all was fine and the settings have remained ever since. :thumb2

My battery didn't die, it had around a third left showing green, so thought I'd top it back up before I went to bed.

Exactly the same happened when I was setting my friend's Zumo XT when it was brand new out of the box - latest update too.

I went through the settings again and all was fine and the settings have remained ever since. :thumb2
I had done all of the unit and map updates the night before with no issues. Last night was just connecting everything together and setting all my personal preferences. Fingers crossed that mine is ok from here as your friend's was.

Back
Top Bottom