Votes: 46 26.3%
  • What is a cat code plug

Votes: 73 41.7%

• Total voters

Keith Chapman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For those that have fitted Y pieces have you

EDIT...Moved from Poll dancers to Font of all wisdom to make this thread easier to find.....Down Tarka! ;)
Bill

I've replaced my cat code plug with a jumper lead , using top standard connection and the center middle section ( numbers 5 and 0 on the relay board, the standard relay connects to numbers 2 and 0 ).

do you understand that

;) ;)

Steptoe said:
I've replaced my cat code plug with a jumper lead , using top standard connection and the center middle section ( numbers 5 and 0 on the relay board, the standard relay connects to numbers 2 and 0 ).

do you understand that

;) ;)

Yes, but why?:confused:

aren't there 2 colours of CCP with different internal connections?

it codes the engine for running with a can, and without a cat, its the stage 3 setting for a BB chip, but does the same thing without the chip

Yup - the BM parts catalogue actually lists a different cat code plug depending on your set-up. I've got a y-piece and Remus can so I bought cat-code plug xxxxxx (can't remember the part number) which is beige in colour and cost about 2 quid!. I believe that the recommended configuration if you run a y-piece with the standard can is to have no plug installed at all....

pr0ne

I thought that some models of 1150 came without.
the place where mine should be was empty (and it don't half bang on the overrun)

I thought that some models of 1150 came without.

i think some do depending on which market they were destined for from the factory (apparently to cater for different fuel quality etc, and even height above sea level!), although this appears to be a large grey area....

pr0ne

Mill BMW in Sunderland did my Y-piece when I bought the bike, it does not have a code plug.

this is the same as the relay you get, your only paying for the box !

this is plugged in to run a Y piece, and remus .

Attachments

• imag0011.jpg
    imag0011.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 14,527
Had the Y-piece and Remus can from new have not checked if I have a plug.:eek:

Does it make a difference if the can is a race one or a road legal one (back pressure etc) ??

Mine is a road legal one, It doesn't pink under load so I presumed it isnt running too lean. :confused:

ccp

Steptoe said:
this is the same as the relay you get, your only paying for the box !

this is plugged in to run a Y piece, and remus .

Steptoe,
What does this mod actually do?
Does it make the mixture richer/leaner?
Or does it affect the ignition?

My bike has no CCP fitted,
it has y-piece,
Remus,
K&N,
Tfi,
had it on the dyno last week,good power & torque figures-no peaks or troughs,fuelling mixture good through the rev range-only a teensy bit rich in the mid range (5000 to 5500 rpm fuel ratio just below 13;1)

I'll give your mod a try anyway,just wondered what it actually does
:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

Attachments

• dyno 1.jpg
    dyno 1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 10,419
i think it selects one of the half dozen or so maps in the ECU depending on pin connection, or indeed no connection (CCP binned).

is that right mr steptoe?

Er.. what's a cat code plug and where will I find it? It's not the lambda sensor fing is it?

I've been running my 1150 with a y piece and OE silencer for 3 years (24000 miles) didn't make any mods to anything when I fitted the y piece.

Plug colour looks good, I average about 45 mpg. Seems OK to me.

Cheers

Dick

guitarman said:
Er.. what's a cat code plug and where will I find it? It's not the lambda sensor fing is it?

it's in the relay/fuse box. it's just a link in relay case.

cookie said:
it's in the relay/fuse box. it's just a link in relay case.

Well, I've still no idea whether I've got one. If they were fitted as standard then I probably have one.

Why am I typing this bollox? Do I care if I've got one? Should I care if I've got one?
:confused:

Cheers

Dick

So.
(My bike is an '00, imported by SPC - previously registered in Germany)

My bike might or might not need the link/plug. But if I were to put a link in could I cure the backfire or would it make it run lean, rich or what????

There's never been a CCP in my 2000 1150GS. I fitted a y-piece and Remus Revolution and duly holed a piston 2000 miles later. Fixed the bike, got it dyno'd and found it was running dangerously lean, mostly in top gear between 60 and 80mph.

Bike is now back to standard and I'd like to get the y-piece and remus back on but can't justify the expense of a chip or techlusion. Isn't there any BWM technicians on this site that can tell us what a CCP can do and can't do? Why are there different types? and why do some bikes have them and some bikes don't?

Like the idea of Steptoes fix, I think I could just about afford it but I'd like some answers to the above first.

Back
Top Bottom