Which bike for green-lanes?

gsa

why would you want to feck gsa up, light and nimble its the way to go! go out on your own and drop it and see..

why would you want to feck gsa up, light and nimble its the way to go! go out on your own and drop it and see..

Aren't GSAs to be used for off-roading?
I realise they are big bikes, but it's in the name: Gelände&Strasse.
An all in one bike

ride if you like but for green lanes a bit over kill, why ruin a great bike when you drop it . any old trail bike will do you dont have to worry about the repair bill.

Fair point. :beerjug:

Thus, after having spent all that money on a GSA, can anyone recommend a good, solid trail bike for a bit of weekend fun for less than £1500?

how's a AJP 200 for a trail bike?
Or rather a CRF250?

ride if you like but for green lanes a bit over kill, why ruin a great bike when you drop it . any old trail bike will do you dont have to worry about the repair bill.

At last...

an admission that GSA is not intended for use off-road. In other words, it's simply an inferior kind of RT...

:beerjug:

At last...

an admission that GSA is not intended for use off-road. In other words, it's simply an inferior kind of RT...

:beerjug:
:blast:blast:D:D
The GS and GSA are highly capable bikes off road or on the trails in the right hands:cool:
The main problem as I see it ,is overweight middle aged blokes,that think ,having just bought one,that they can ride the thing on the loose stuff.:blast
It's a MAN thing,can't be seen on a 250!No no no.
They have to buy the biggest ,fastest, and baddest thing they can afford.:confused:
Then ,after they have shit themselves,hurt themselves,broken the bike(delete as ness)
They give up:comfort
Start with a manageable bike and learn to ride it:clap

The GS and GSA are highly capable bikes off road or on the trails in the right hands:cool:
The main problem as I see it ,is overweight middle aged blokes,that think ,having just bought one,that they can ride the thing on the loose stuff.:blast
They have to buy the biggest ,fastest, and baddest thing they can afford.:confused:
Then ,after they have shit themselves,hurt themselves,broken the bike(delete as ness)

Words of wisdom Mike:rob

Of course. Otherwise where's the fun?
I'm as guilty as the next man:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 566
for god sake let the dr 350 have a rest, it must be retirement age older than some riders !

Still plenty of late model electric start Japanese import XR250R's out there , most of them have minimal miles , cost bot all to run , spares are readily available and unless you are an off road riding god or doing enduro's for 90% of the time they are the perfect trail bike.

Stick a larger tank on the bike for a 250 mile plus range , no radiators to puncture and after a couple of years you will get back what you paid for it if you decide to go large .

Love my CCM 404 but the old XR250 is so much more relaxing off road and has a much better range

Back
Top Bottom