Has anyone declared a hilltop remap to their insurers?

C'mon Engineer :) That'd easily pay for a weekend in Madrid, why you could even visit a national gallery or two, you know the sort of place that the guide books tell you to go see.....

Andres

There is no need to rush, all in good time - I am not interested in money but in the meantime if I could have the full manufacturers part number for the FLASH chip into which the new data is written please.

If I lift the needles a notch because it was running a bit weak on my RD350 do I need to tell my insurance company ?

If I get my pre-mix wrong and end up with a weak mixture my bike will develop a tiny bit more power (until it melts the pistons) do I need to tell my insurance company ?

It's always traceable if you have the know how - a determined insurance company could easily employ (and probably do) the necessary expertise. If you gave me two identical BMW ECUs one standard and one Hilltopped we could do it here - it would take us a while but we could, for example, remove the FLASH chips and compare their contents even if they were protected.

A firmware update on one ecu would make your test inconclusive the files will be quite possibly unreadable to you you might be able to check file size and date but little else a so how would you tell if its a remap of a BMW firmware difference

Rick and Roadcraft Rider were both at Hilltop when I went, I phoned their insurance companies on their behalf, incase they forgot :D

There is no need to rush, all in good time - I am not interested in money but in the meantime if I could have the full manufacturers part number for the FLASH chip into which the new data is written please.

No work it out ,if your that good you don't need my help you made the statement that you can do it so do it !!!

No work it out ,if your that good you don't need my help you made the statement that you can do it so do it !!!

I want to get the datasheet, peruse it and talk to the chip manufacturer, the number would just speed things up a bit - what is the problem? That is a perfectly normal and reasonable request and it would help me estimate the costs that you have offered to pay.

your words : If you gave me two identical BMW ECUs one standard and one Hilltopped we could do it here - it would take us a while but we could, for example, remove the FLASH chips and compare their contents even if they were protected

i will pay only if you show me my data file , you fail it's at your cost !!
i have work to do i do not have time for this
leave it with you.

This thread is quite unbelievable.
One of my tls ' s runs a full system plus k+n and larger rear sprocket with a timing retard eliminator ,many other mods
The other one has cans a k+n and larger rear sprocket with a timing retard eliminator. Many other mods
Both have been re mapped with a yosh box to make them run well with the mods, have I told the insurance. I did and they didn't care. Just said any modifications would only be repaired with standard parts if the need arises.
I crashed one 2 years ago in germany with all the mods. They wrote it off and I bought it back to repair without them batting an eyelid.

I fear................ a cul-de-sac ..approaching:blast

Maybe but I will not be bounced into something by someone who refuses to answer the most basic questions from potential customers about their service - every question I have asked so far (going back more than a year now) has been met with either being ignored (PM), refusal or obfuscation, so I will go at my own pace in my own way.

Maybe but I will not be bounced into something by someone who refuses to answer the most basic questions from potential customers about their service - every question I have asked so far (going back more than a year now) has been met with either being ignored (PM), refusal or obfuscation, so I will go at my own pace in my own way.

Seriously.............

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 429

Back
Top Bottom