New S1000XR

Really? There must have been something wrong with your demo bike then, as mine is extremely smooth.;)

I meant in comparison to other inline 4. Try it compared to blaze, gixxer etc. My RR and R were rough, vibey engines, but they are well known for that. Love the engine tho mate don't get me wrong. That's why I've bought the XR.��

I meant in comparison to other inline 4. Try it compared to blaze, gixxer etc. My RR and R were rough, vibey engines, but they are well known for that. Love the engine tho mate don't get me wrong. That's why I've bought the XR.��

I'd agree with that from the test ride I had. It's smooth compared to a GS, but feels quite rough compared to the turbine smoothness of a Japanese IL4

Hi, You'll get everything bar the silky smooth thing.
These engines are rough at best of times in all 3 guises.

Hum maybe I've been riding boxers for to long. Last Jap in line was my 51 plated R1 and since then all boxers except for two K1300s. When I test rode the XR I was happy with the engine and from what I remember of my R1 it was on a par with it's smoothness but then I suppose that was some 15yrs ago and they obviously have got much more refined in that time. Still happy but will be riding the 2017 demo mid Feb before taking my 1st March bike just in case!!!!!

My RR has done 1700 miles . Initially it did give me quite bad hand numbing but slowly got smoother , and now I don't notice them at all .

I'd agree with that from the test ride I had. It's smooth compared to a GS, but feels quite rough compared to the turbine smoothness of a Japanese IL4

The XR I tested at Allan Jefferies was very vibey compared to my GS LC, both through the bars and the seat when accelerating hard. The ESA suspension basically offered two settings; very hard and rock hard. I've come to the conclusion that it's a waste of time on bikes with short travel suspension as there's little difference in the settings (the K1200R and K1300S also had little difference).

I'm still tempted to buy a 2017 XR Sport without ESA if the vibes have genuinely been significantly reduced or cured, so I don't know whether to order now and hope for the best or wait until Jefferies have a well run-in demon available as I want delivery on 6 April when my insurance is renewed

The XR I tested at Allan Jefferies was very vibey compared to my GS LC, both through the bars and the seat when accelerating hard. The ESA suspension basically offered two settings; very hard and rock hard. I've come to the conclusion that it's a waste of time on bikes with short travel suspension as there's little difference in the settings (the K1200R and K1300S also had little difference).

I'm still tempted to buy a 2017 XR Sport without ESA if the vibes have genuinely been significantly reduced or cured, so I don't know whether to order now and hope for the best or wait until Jefferies have a well run-in demon available as I want delivery on 6 April when my insurance is renewed
I test rode a 2017 other week, no vibes! Buy one mate!
(I was on about the roughness of the engine really not the bar vibes)

Did you add an exhaust or anything or purely just remap?

Just a re-map.

Was advised that if I changed the cams to those from a RR power would increase from 160 - 200 BHP at the back wheel.

I don't inntend doing this because it's quick enough for me and the front end becomes vague above 130

Just a re-map.

Was advised that if I changed the cams to those from a RR power would increase from 160 - 200 BHP at the back wheel.

I don't inntend doing this because it's quick enough for me and the front end becomes vague above 130

That fucking loon Geoff told me the same and I did give it a bit of thought but as you say .....

Mine feels fairly well planted at that speed unless still accelerating hard where it is still lifting and skimming along controlled by the anti wheelie stuff

That fucking loon Geoff told me the same and I did give it a bit of thought but as you say .....

Mine feels fairly well planted at that speed unless still accelerating hard where it is still lifting and skimming along controlled by the anti wheelie stuff

Sounds like I'm going to have fun redrick :D

Mine had a deformed front tyre which I've now changed but not had the chance to try it properly since changing.

I think I was spoiled by the stability of previously owned 1300s which were very stable even at 170 +

Mine had a deformed front tyre which I've now changed but not had the chance to try it properly since changing.

I think I was spoiled by the stability of previously owned 1300s which were very stable even at 170 +

It begs a question

Has anyone maxed their XR and if so what will they actually do

I have seen 156 on the GPS but ran out of road and it was still pulling strong

It begs a question

Has anyone maxed their XR and if so what will they actually do

I have seen 156 on the GPS but ran out of road and it was still pulling strong

156!?

I saw an indicated 154 on my GPX750 way back in 1991........ I've never seen any speed faster than that since though .

Back
Top Bottom