New S1000XR

It begs a question

Has anyone maxed their XR and if so what will they actually do

I have seen 156 on the GPS but ran out of road and it was still pulling strong

162 on the GPS, but I ran out of road, I mean track.:D

162 on the GPS, but I ran out of road, I mean track.:D

FFS! You're all beginning to sound like the Yorkshiremen in that Monty Python sketch. You all need to get together for a track day then let us know who was the last man standing - the official UKGSer XR riding God :beerjug:

I am glad I dont own one of these. What a wepon the engine feel and sound in the upper rev range is addictive. Reminds me of my ZX12R days and every bit as quick. No wonder thay are selling like hot cakes. For me the need to show restraint 95% of the time would be annoying.

FFS! You're all beginning to sound like the Yorkshiremen in that Monty Python sketch. You all need to get together for a track day then let us know who was the last man standing - the official UKGSer XR riding God :beerjug:

I'm no riding god, I can assure you.

I am glad I dont own one of these. What a wepon the engine feel and sound in the upper rev range is addictive. Reminds me of my ZX12R days and every bit as quick. No wonder thay are selling like hot cakes. For me the need to show restraint 95% of the time would be annoying.

It is annoying, and is the only reason I'd get rid of the bike. It's only a matter of time, tbh. I'm in two minds to get another XR later this year, or get one of those R9T Scramber special editions instead, and increase the chances of keeping my license.

vibrations

got my xr booked in for a service end of jan at williams manchester happend to mention the vibes and they said will do a retro fit to the new system so they orderd the parts to do the job levi is very helpfull at williams.:thumby:for your interest its an 18,000 mile service on a 2015 bike luvin it.

got my xr booked in for a service end of jan at williams manchester happend to mention the vibes and they said will do a retro fit to the new system so they orderd the parts to do the job levi is very helpfull at williams.:thumby:for your interest its an 18,000 mile service on a 2015 bike luvin it.

Please will you let us know the cost of the 18,000 mile service on the XR. This includes the valve clearance check/re-shim where necessary and replacement of the fork oil.

Thanks

Is it 9000 miles or 1 year service intervals?

It begs a question

Has anyone maxed their XR and if so what will they actually do

I have seen 156 on the GPS but ran out of road and it was still pulling strong

Geoff said he took mine to 160 on a bypass but I've not gone beyond 130 because it feels vague to me.

All that money on accessories and mods and you couldn't remove the cat?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom