BMW Warranty

Madsplash

Reaction score
I seem to remember that I had a card and a booklet from BMW when I purchased my previous GS models.
However after buying my latest GSA nearly a month ago, I haven't received anything yet.

I was informed by the dealer that it will be BMW and not the dealership to issue that but so far I haven't received or been contacted at all by dealership or BMW Motorrad UK.

Has anyone had the similar issue? Or has BMW stopped issuing that booklet and card?

Thanks

6 weeks..........sure you'd be on the 3rd engine by then and a couple of shocks, should you keep the receipts??

Only kidding, my mate picked up his new TB Adventure last week.......I've fallen in love with it!!!!!

I seem to remember that I had a card and a booklet from BMW when I purchased my previous GS models.
However after buying my latest GSA nearly a month ago, I haven't received anything yet.

I was informed by the dealer that it will be BMW and not the dealership to issue that but so far I haven't received or been contacted at all by dealership or BMW Motorrad UK.

Regardless of whether you are you talking about buying a BMW Extended Warranty or buying a new/used BMW on both occasions you get a BMW branded Mondial Breakdown Card through the post along with a welcome pack (if you buy a new bike) or a Mondial Breakdown Card & Warranty Booklet containing the T&C's if you buy a used approved bike or an Extended Warranty policy :thumby:

I bought an Approved 15 plate GSA in December from a BMW dealer and received my booklet and card yesterday...(so that's just over 5 weeks for the card to arrive)

A comment which begs further explanation ... or are you tongue in cheek?
I agree , as I have never had issues with any claims at all no matter what , they even lent me a bike for 10 day trip to Spain , a 390 mile R1200GS LC as well , when mine was in for work.
Then they gave me a brand new TB after I rejected the last bike.

Bought a TB GSA in October 2016, warrantl card arrived after 6 weeks. Just received an invite from BMW to complete a customer satisfaction survey for the bike and dealer, it was dated Jan 11th (3 months after purchase) and included a chance to win a Luxury weekend in a draw which expired Dec 31st 2016. BMW UK seem to have lost the plot recently....

Has anyone had the similar issue? Or has BMW stopped issuing that booklet and card?

Thanks

I'd have a chat with your dealer, I bought a new bike 21.12.16, they registered it 31.12.16, I picked it up last Saturday when they finalised the deal (they didn't realise I'd put the money in their bank in December), warranty card and welcome pack arrived yesterday, 3 working days!

Bahnstormer Alton are arguably the best dealership in the country though.

I'd have a chat with your dealer, I bought a new bike 21.12.16, they registered it 31.12.16, I picked it up last Saturday when they finalised the deal (they didn't realise I'd put the money in their bank in December), warranty card and welcome pack arrived yesterday, 3 working days!

Bahnstormer Alton are arguably the best dealership in the country though.

I'm guessing the clock started ticking when you bought the bike on 21/12, not when you picked it up. I bought a used GSA from Bahnstormer on 24/12 and the warranty paperwork turned up yesterday. That'd be around 4 weeks for both of us.

My Warranty card came through after about 3 months and loads of phone calls, come in handy though new left hand switchgear replaced,but the rest of bike no problems after 10k, touch wood as i speak

Dave :thumb

Although you may get some reassurance from having the card in your hand, it's not actually required - when/if you call them out all of your details are on record.

I suppose the card serves to confirm that you have been registered

Although you may get some reassurance from having the card in your hand, it's not actually required - when/if you call them out all of your details are on record.

I suppose the card serves to confirm that you have been registered
I don't have any card or booklet but have managed to claim ok, but that was at my dealer not sure if it would be the same when "on tour"

Extended Warranty

Cover Claim Limit Excess
BMW Motorrad Insured Warranty Component Cover
Up to the market value of insured motorcycle at the time of claim or up to a maximum £1,000 whichever is greater, inclusive of VAT.
Either £0, £50 or £100 as specified on the confirmation letter.....

I have received a letter from BMW offering an extended warranty for £386.75 for annual cover inc breakdown. Now, am I reading it correctly that I can only claim up to £1000 inc VAT? With the cost of the Policy, £100 excess and bearing in mind the £1000 inc's VAT it seems a lot of money?

Please tell me I'm reading it wrong!

Last edited:
Cover Claim Limit Excess
BMW Motorrad Insured Warranty Component Cover
Up to the market value of insured motorcycle at the time of claim or up to a maximum £1,000 whichever is greater, inclusive of VAT.
Either £0, £50 or £100 as specified on the confirmation letter.....

I have received a letter from BMW offering an extended warranty for £386.75 for annual cover inc breakdown. Now, am I reading it correctly that I can only claim up to £1000 inc VAT? With the cost of the Policy, £100 excess and bearing in mind the £1000 inc's VAT it seems a lot of money?

Please tell me I'm reading it wrong!

You read it wrong, like I did a while back too. Market value of bike or up to £1000 whichever is greater. So bike is greater value!

So if the bike is only worth £800 then they would only pay £1000 for parts.

had my bike 6 weeks now, been in and asked several times about the card etc and been told they don't know, they even rung someone but they didn't know either

I got one with my old bike so I assumed I would get one with this one but nothing as of yet

still a bit surprised they know nothing about them to be honest

Back
Top Bottom