IMAC TO NAV 5

Camel Toe

Reaction score
Any off you comp whiz kids out there know how to put iTunes music on garmin navigator 5 from iMac....... utube shows a drop down box with option to select MP3 which I need but my iMac doesn't have this option.....

Cant remember exactly, but i believe you need to convert the tracks to mp3 first.
i did it in a rather long winded way but it worked for me..

select the tracks you want to put on the nav unit
make a playlist from the above.
burn to a cd .... now im not sure if you cn select mp3 at this point or whetherit does it ax a .wav file ( normal music format to play on a cd player ie not a computer)
Now you have a music cd ...put that in the cd drive . Itunes will ask which format you want it to rip in (mp3)
Assign a folder /place on the desktop.
rip to there
copy resultant mp3 files to the nav unit. Bin the cd or put in the car

It's a ball-ache but you can do it without burning CD's.

Select the tracks you want to convert. Go to 'File' and 'Convert' and you should have the option to create an MP3 version. It doesn't convert your existing track - it makes a copy in MP3 format. Create a new folder on your desktop and drag all the MP3 tracks into it. Then copy over to Nav 5.

If you want to delete the MP3 tracks in iTunes click on the 'Kind' heading and all the MP3's will come together (if they are not already). From there you can highlight them as a block and delete.:thumb2

Good luck!

I think you will find that the Youtube video is for an earlier version of iTunes and that it doesn't work anymore. However, the basic process applies and rather than right-clicking on the highlighted song(s) you need to go to 'File' and then 'Convert' as I mentioned above.

The Nav V supports MP3 music files, and M3U and M3U8 playlist files. Some users have used the latter so avoiding the conversion to the MP3 format. Create a playlist from iTunes & transfer it.

I think you will find that the Youtube video is for an earlier version of iTunes and that it doesn't work anymore. However, the basic process applies and rather than right-clicking on the highlighted song(s) you need to go to 'File' and then 'Convert' as I mentioned above.

Thanks for that, after 7 years of ownership i have now got MUSIC on my 660:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom