Heading for atlas and merzouga mid april may.

Any one else heading that way

Yes we sure are;

We leave Plymouth on the ferry to Santander on Sunday the 30th April which arrives in Spain the following day about mid day. From there we hammer it across Spain to Algeciras where we spend the night before boarding the ferry to Tangier arriving about 11.00am. After getting through customs we ride the long way around though the Rif mountains and pass the plantation fields where the Cannabis is grown to spend the night in the blue town of Chefhaouen. This being a really interesting town with some lovely cafes where the local produce can be sampled with the friendly locals. We will cover about 201 miles and expect it to take somewhere between 6.5 to 8 hours.

From there on day three we ride 275 miles taking about 8.5 plus hours through the National Park of Tazekka (Atas Mountains) eventually arriving in Ifran for a night's stop.

Day four sees us heading onto Imichil where I expect to roads will put the bikes and riders to the test only travelling some 196 miles but we expect to be in the saddle for about 7 plus hours.

Day five we continue our adventure making our way across country to spend the night in Demnat expecting to travel 172 miles with an expected riding time of 7 hours. Roads become tracks which adds to the challenge and puts our bikes to the test but then they are made for this type of life. Having said that after returning from my last trip to Morocco the F800gs needing quite a bit of work doing on it to restore pre trip condition. New steering bearings, Chain and Spocket, Tyres, Fuel tank pressure vent and a new windscreen all costing about £1,000. Our R1200 Gs suffered less damage but did not escape completely. Rear Hugger flew off, Side panniers decided they ought to stay in Morocco and our number plate melted in the heat.

Day six see us travelling to the edge of the Sahara desert staying at a place called Taliouine should be about 195 miles and take in the region of 7.30 hours riding.

Day seven see us changing up a gear with 322 miles planned which should take about 7.30 hours riding (better roads where we might see some tarmac) we spend that night in Guelmim before startuing our retreat back across Morocco.

Day eight we ride to the centre of Marrakesh and what a place this is. This day's ridding should see 294 miles under our belt taking about 8 hours. I hope we still have some energy left for our night in Marrakesh!

Day nine is just a ride from Marrakesh back to the port in order to catch the ferry back to Spain. With luck on our side we should ride some 360 miles in about 6 hours and then once back in Spain we will spend a night there before crossing back to Santander to catch the ferry back to the UK.

We leave 30th April and arrive back on the 10th May. Budget about £1,200 each for the lot. Ferries, good hotels, fuel and food. The last time we went we had an amazing time and still laugh about it on a weekly basis.

Who is we? Just myself and a friend I have worked with for over 22 years.

Derek

great itinerary. envious.
would love to take my GSa there.

Back
Top Bottom