1290 GT

1290r.

I’m waiting. Don’t think they’re selling. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is also an ignition live spade connector(s) under the seat. Bar risers make a big difference, bars are also adjustable. MRA offer a touring screen.

All’s well that ends well and I’ve followed the advice given by Ding Dong (after replacing everything I’d removed), found which were the switched live connections and it’s job done.

There wasn’t room to fit all the junk into the gap under the instruments so it’s cable tied roughly out of sight where it’ll remain until either something goes wrong or I sell the bike.

Good to hear. Can you recall which cables you connected to and which were which.

Also. My 660 loom comes with all manner of connections I don’t need ie I just want my sat nav to power up so I can see it. Is there a simpler cabling solution to do this otherwise I’ve lots of cables to try and secrete somewhere.

Jim

All’s well that ends well and I’ve followed the advice given by Ding Dong (after replacing everything I’d removed), found which were the switched live connections and it’s job done.

There wasn’t room to fit all the junk into the gap under the instruments so it’s cable tied roughly out of sight where it’ll remain until either something goes wrong or I sell the bike.

Good to hear. Can you recall which cables you connected to and which were which.

Also. My 660 loom comes with all manner of connections I don’t need ie I just want my sat nav to power up so I can see it. Is there a simpler cabling solution to do this otherwise I’ve lots of cables to try and secrete somewhere.

Jim

I’m about to head to the pub for a Sunday roast but I need an excuse to retreat to the garage later so I’ll check and report back which is permanent and which is switched.

Jim
Cut off the unwanted cables as close to the harness as possible then wrap the bare ends in self amalgamating tape to keep the water out. The 660 cable is a proper bulky item with connectors that aren't used by most people since Bluetooth came along. I have a new one that I haven't fitted to my GT yet, but I suspect that it may need to be shortened due to space under the clocks.

Andy/Jim,
Heres what you need to do....

Attachments

• P1080026.JPG
    P1080026.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 269
Instructions for customising the Garmin 'octopus' power leads....

Garmin Zumo 660 Cradle - Wiring Loom / Cables Modification
http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/index2d35.html?fa=contentGeneric.kpxvskahyouozlms&pageId=2338005

...from this:

zumo_660_wiring_cables_loom.jpg

....to for example, my MKI version made up for the GS and then The Ducati:

multistrada_1200_gps_satnav_cable_05.jpg

And then doctored again for the SMT and will be great for the SDGT:

garmin_zumo_cradle_modified_ktm_smt_001-X3.jpg

I like being able to remove the satnav cradle rather than it being a permanent feature on the bike.

Premier bikes in Didcot had one left on Friday, and one at 11495, new, unregistered

So I guess there aren't that many around now.
The remainder might get snapped up as soon as the dealers open after Christmas.

Think if I wanted one I would email the dealer as they probably monitor the emails over Christmas.
Then check there opening hours and be waiting on the doorstep.

I purchased one. Not sure why. Probably because it was a bargain. Guess i shouldn't loose money on it. As long as I don't get carried away fitting personalised reg. and accessories.

I've bought Mrs Dave the evo full titanium pp system for Xmas, she will open the box tomorrow and say wtf is this and I'll just say they must have sent the wrong item

I've bought Mrs Dave the evo full titanium pp system for Xmas, she will open the box tomorrow and say wtf is this and I'll just say they must have sent the wrong item

Like it :) good for you Dave. Still haven't told my Mrs about the new arrival, got it out of the van today without her looking out of the window and its now covered up in my workshop :)

Jim

Number 1 is permanent live
Number 2 is switched live

The single coloured wire is negative, the twin coloured one is live.

I left everything on the cable rather than shorten it and stuffed most of it into a cavity running front to back under the casting the instrument panel sits on and excess cable is cable tied into a small bundle and then tied to a suitable part of the screen brackets. It all feels secure though I might remove it then wrap it in self amalgamating tape at a later date when Eastenders or Corrie is on tv.

We have the same taste in tv I guess.

Yip, all done and pleased with it, neat and tidy. Put optimate lead on to.

Thanks for all your help!

Merry Christmas when it comes.

Jim

Number 1 is permanent live
Number 2 is switched live

The single coloured wire is negative, the twin coloured one is live.

I left everything on the cable rather than shorten it and stuffed most of it into a cavity running front to back under the casting the instrument panel sits on and excess cable is cable tied into a small bundle and then tied to a suitable part of the screen brackets. It all feels secure though I might remove it then wrap it in self amalgamating tape at a later date when Eastenders or Corrie is on tv.

So £10,999 for a new 1290 GT pre-reg in Premier Bikes:

http://www.premierbikes.com/promotions/premier-bikes-current-offers/1290-superduke-gt-prereg

Never considered a KTM before but this has got me thinking........sounds too good to be true, they must be over-stocked in the dealer network or got something new under wraps.
Are these going to be euro 3 or euro 4 bikes ?

KTMs are fantastic. Really naughty and have a character lacking in others. Love all three of mine.

So £10,999 for a new 1290 GT pre-reg in Premier Bikes:

http://www.premierbikes.com/promotions/premier-bikes-current-offers/1290-superduke-gt-prereg

Never considered a KTM before but this has got me thinking........sounds too good to be true, they must be over-stocked in the dealer network or got something new under wraps.
Are these going to be euro 3 or euro 4 bikes ?

I think they are a true bargain bike.
Don't think the dealers are overstocked now as nearly all are now sold.

There is a new model waiting in the wings.
Details are a bit sketchy.

Guess it's going to have a TFT screen. New shape headlight, plus the cruise control put on the left.
Don't know if it will have switches that light up, or the option of quick shift on the down change.

Whatever it has, it's going to be about £17,500 with panniers, heated seats and sat nav mount.

Not sure if current bike is euro 3 or 4.

Now you know the facts. Hurry up and buy one. ;0)

KTMs are fantastic. Really naughty and have a character lacking in others. Love all three of mine.

Looking for number two for us, waiting for a bargain 1050 for the Mrs and seriously considering keeping my 1190 a bit longer as in some ways I prefer it to the 1290 Adventure, and when I get a new bike for me I want to hang onto the 1190.

Fancied the GT deal, but I did not really fit on the bike at all, and even the Mrs reckoned it felt cramped for her (she is 6 foot tall) but even if she liked the riding position I know she would not like the rock solid suspension. A shame as it ticked so many other boxes (especially cost)

Back
Top Bottom