Thanks to Mikeyboy....

Tetley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
First ride out on the HPN on Friday and it ran out of charge at Wetherby, on my way to Northumberland.
Managed to get it back to Mike's mid afternoon. The immediate diagnosis was the charging system. After a bit of testing and faffing around Mike found the connection to the alternator bushes had broken. A quick swop out by Mikeyboy and I was on my way.....again.
Great weekend for a ride. I went north via the Yorkshire Dales, Bowes, Alston and Hexham. Came back via the North Yorkshire Moors Leybourne and Harrogate. 1100 Kms all good.
Big thanks to Mike for sorting the bike late on a Friday afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 497
Great route...

I do this often from Nottingham to my Dad's in Northumberland. Hate the M1/A1 and always try the scenic routes. Have you done England's highest road between Teesdale and Weardale? Have you done the trail heading NE from the Tan Hill Inn? Have you done Blanchland Moor? Hopefully yes but if not you've some treats in store in the future.
Steve.

I think I saw you going north on the A1 near Boroughbridge on Sat morning at about 10am ish
Looked fab

Bloody Hell Colin, another very nice bike in the collection. It looks great. Can I come and have a look in your garage one day....please :D

Yes Steve I agree the motorway is awful. I usually bale out at wetherby. Where do your folks live in Northumberland.

Teasdale yes, Tan hill yes, Blanchard? Don't think so. Thanks.

C

Yes Steve I agree the motorway is awful. I usually bale out at wetherby. Where do your folks live in Northumberland.

Teasdale yes, Tan hill yes, Blanchard? Don't think so. Thanks.

C

The Teessdale one is Coldberry End. Is that the one you've done? There's a tarmac road runs parallel to it but it's Coldberry End, a gravel/rocky track, that's the highest.

The Blanchland track has two start points in Blanchland, which is south of Hexham and level with Consett on the map. These two tracks meet and head NWN across the moors towards Slaley.

My Dad lives in Blyth. Not a great place to visit but a great starting point for Northumberland.

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom