Having a Wobble....

Aye, it's not been for sale since I tried. I could probably sell it now if it wasn't such a shit heap:augie

Oh Aye a total shit heap! This is why they are still so admired. Its the real deal. Proper tractor! It just smacks of Feck off I will do it my way, type of thing!

Oh Aye a total shit heap! This is why they are still so admired. Its the real deal. Proper tractor! It just smacks of Feck off I will do it my way, type of thing!

I had comments about it being an overpriced nail from some on here, so I've been forced to keep it and suffer it :green gri

Another thing to factor in is the significant lower cost of a good 1150GSA compared to a new 1200GSA WC.

Even if you've paid top dollar for your nice 1150, I guess your still barely 30% of the cost of a new WC with all the farkles !

Because of the relative small amount of cash I've got invested in the bike, I feel it allows me to enjoy it far more because I'm not precious

about it.

I therefore take it places and do things I wouldn't dream of on a newer more expensive machine and hence have tons more fun in the

process.

If I decided to sell today after 5 years of ownership, complete with a few battlescars and 40k miles of fun, it has probably only cost me a
couple of grand in depreciation :clap

Just my view and I'm happy :thumb2

Attachments

• rsz_manx_gp_2014_010.jpg
    rsz_manx_gp_2014_010.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 220
I'd say go for it mate if it's the bike you like :) hell I paid near that for a 1968 Norton-Villiers commando my entire life savings last year haha old bike but the sheer enjoyment it gives me is worth every penny, ultimately you have to do what you feel is right money wise,

I know I can't wait to get my hands on an 1150 GSA haven't got the same sort of budget as you with my max being near 5k but exactly the same thing had a water cooled GSA issues then a pay cut = having to let it go at the end of last year so sorta in a similar position,

Way I'm looking at it is If I get a really good GSA 1150 then keep it for the next 10 years worst case Ideally I'm going to be keeping and using mine when I get it all the time for a lot longer than 10 years

A friend I got my Norton off owned it since 68' so he certainly got his pound of flesh out of the bike using it daily.

the depreciation rate compared to buying another GSA LC at near 12-14 k is a lot better thats just my thoughts.

If it brings you happiness and you are in the position to keep it for a fair few years so the hit you will take for buying it from a dealer is spread out over a few years then its not to bad and the SE's always seem to fetch more due to the rarity value.

I know a few normal GSA's in black sold recently private at 5k with 20,000 miles on one at 4,700 with 26,000 miles bmw panniers, and another at a dealer on a 03 plate 23,000 miles in silver at £5,400 so It's not a huge mile away price wise

Ultimately its your cash though :) an only you know whats right for you

Another thing to factor in is the significant lower cost of a good 1150GSA compared to a new 1200GSA WC.

Even if you've paid top dollar for your nice 1150, I guess your still barely 30% of the cost of a new WC with all the farkles !

Because of the relative small amount of cash I've got invested in the bike, I feel it allows me to enjoy it far more because I'm not precious

about it.

I therefore take it places and do things I wouldn't dream of on a newer more expensive machine and hence have tons more fun in the

process.

If I decided to sell today after 5 years of ownership, complete with a few battlescars and 40k miles of fun, it has probably only cost me a
couple of grand in depreciation :clap

Just my view and I'm happy :thumb2
Yes I had considered a new one, but then I do like to work on my own bikes too and you just cant do that for fear of warranty etc. Also as you say you can go places and do things you might not try in the more expensive WC bike. I am happy now with my decision and am looking forward to getting to know my new bike and all its foibles and Character.

I'd say go for it mate if it's the bike you like :)

If it brings you happiness and you are in the position to keep it for a fair few years so the hit you will take for buying it from a dealer is spread out over a few years then its not to bad and the SE's always seem to fetch more due to the rarity value.

Thanks Steele01 that was my kind of feeling too. It will pale into insignificance and I need a bike before I go mad. Watch this space, only a week to go till Im home and get it out for the first of many rides.

I'd say go for it mate if it's the bike you like :) hell I paid near that for a 1968 Norton-Villiers commando my entire life savings last year haha old bike but the sheer enjoyment it gives me is worth every penny, ultimately you have to do what you feel is right money wise,

I know I can't wait to get my hands on an 1150 GSA haven't got the same sort of budget as you with my max being near 5k but exactly the same thing had a water cooled GSA issues then a pay cut = having to let it go at the end of last year so sorta in a similar position,

Way I'm looking at it is If I get a really good GSA 1150 then keep it for the next 10 years worst case Ideally I'm going to be keeping and using mine when I get it all the time for a lot longer than 10 years

A friend I got my Norton off owned it since 68' so he certainly got his pound of flesh out of the bike using it daily.

the depreciation rate compared to buying another GSA LC at near 12-14 k is a lot better thats just my thoughts.

I know a few normal GSA's in black sold recently private at 5k with 20,000 miles on one at 4,700 with 26,000 miles bmw panniers, and another at a dealer on a 03 plate 23,000 miles in silver at £5,400 so It's not a huge mile away price wise

Ultimately its your cash though :) an only you know whats right for you

When you say you "paid near that", what are you referring to, as I can't see a price mentioned anywhere for this fine steed ?

I saw the advert at the time :) and know which bike it is both been talking about it prior to this thread

Before I signed on the dotted line for my 1100, I agonised for hours about whether I was making a mistake or not.
I couldn't really afford it, there was a big final payment for which I'd have to save, it was already 10 years old and I knew that spare parts would be expensive.

In the end I justified it to myself and I still have the bike nearly 10 years later. It has paid me back several times over: enjoyable rides, (semi) reliable transport, new friends, a bit of spannering. I now have an emotional attachment to the beast.

I can't afford a new GS, but I'm happy to be stuck with a clunky, increasingly battered old heap.

Buy the bike. Like all bikes, it is inanimate, it is what you use it for that will determine its value for money.

Before I signed on the dotted line for my 1100, I agonised for hours about whether I was making a mistake or not.
I couldn't really afford it, there was a big final payment for which I'd have to save, it was already 10 years old and I knew that spare parts would be expensive.

In the end I justified it to myself and I still have the bike nearly 10 years later. It has paid me back several times over: enjoyable rides, (semi) reliable transport, new friends, a bit of spannering. I now have an emotional attachment to the beast.

I can't afford a new GS, but I'm happy to be stuck with a clunky, increasingly battered old heap.

Buy the bike. Like all bikes, it is inanimate, it is what you use it for that will determine its value for money.
Like it Disaster I have now officially bout it so just need to get home from SA and enjoy riding it. Would love to have a ride out in NZ my Sister lives there now, maybe one day! Thanks G

Back
Top Bottom