New here, looking for wisdom - Brake disc bolts torque settings

Roadking1230

Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry if this is not the right way to establish this but I'm up against the clock (tried searches etc.. but can't find anything). I need to change my brake discs and pads on my GS LC (2013) and have everything i need to do the job, but don't know the correct torque settings for the 5 studs that hold the disc to the wheel. I've bought Brembo discs and they say 30Nm, but i read on a google search that it's 19Nm (different forum). Anyone know, I don't have time to source a Haynes manual as I'm off on the bike to Orkney and Shetland shortly, any help appreciated.

Cheers.

I'm just wondering why you are changing the discs? I don't know the tourque settings but someone will. I'm just interested to know why their being changed. JJH

Ok thanks. Sometimes you get over cautious dealers with very sensitive measuring equipment recomding new discs. JJH

No, these are warped, i can feel a (albeit gentle) pulsing at the lever. Didn't notice it before but it's there. Dealer wanted over £700 to replace. I've got all the bits for around £430, doing it myself, not difficult, just need the torque settings which i think i now have, there are two as the bolts are micro encapsulated. Looks to be 12Nm, then 30Nm final.

Hope it all goes well. I'm not sure about your discs/bolts but sometimes a gentle bit of heat helps. JJH

Back
Top Bottom