problems with my bike.

husqvarnapete

Reaction score
Taken the bike for a full day off road day and found a few things that need sorting can you help ?
1. Need to disconnect the engine immobiliser when bike is in gear also the stand if possible, so the bike will start in gear and keep running with the side stand down .

When I pull the brakes it makes a robotic sound, I think the servo is kicking in and out.

Can't turn the ABS off.

Its a 2005 1200GS

Any advice appreciated
Thanks

Does it have an ABS button on the LH switch cluster?

Does it have ABS?

Pull the clutch in the bike should start in gear. if not. adjust the microswitch / hex screw underneath the lever pivot

if that fails, check the micro switch isnt goosed

Stand pull the connectot plug and bridge the wires (use google for the correct way)

mart

Does it have an ABS button on the LH switch cluster?

Does it have ABS?

Pull the clutch in the bike should start in gear. if not. adjust the microswitch / hex screw underneath the lever pivot

if that fails, check the micro switch isnt goosed

Stand pull the connectot plug and bridge the wires (use google for the correct way)

mart

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

When I pull the brakes it makes a robotic sound, I think the servo is kicking in and out.

There is only one cure...rip the servo out and bypass it. I've never done it on the Hexhead so not sure if its the same but it was easy on the 1150 and no loss of braking force that I could detect.

There is only one cure...rip the servo out and bypass it. I've never done it on the Hexhead so not sure if its the same but it was easy on the 1150 and no loss of braking force that I could detect.

Cure ? I'm not even sure he has a brake problem.

Dont know what happened to my reply this morning

To disable abs

iginition off

Press and hold abs button on LH cluster

turn on ignition

release button

ABS de activated ..

To reactivate.

Stop bike

Turn off ignition

Turn on ignition

ABS reactivated

Mart

1. Need to disconnect the engine immobiliser when bike is in gear also the stand if possible, so the bike will start in gear and keep running with the side stand down .

The bike will not run in gear if the side stand is down. This is to stop you riding off with the stand still down. It should start in gear with the side stand up but if its in gear running and you put the side stand down the engine will stop.

Thanks for the help checked the micro switch and its faulty so need to order one , think I'll leave the side stand alone for now, and the abs switch worked as you said.
Is the noisy servo a common fault brakes work fine just a bit irritating when stationary.

The servo always makes a whining sound when the brakes are applied (not a fault) I don't notice it when moving but is slightly noisy when stationary. I tend to avoid holding the brakes on at standstill unless i have to.
Try not to focus on the servo noise, you will get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom