Autocom issue? no sound from Zumo 590

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I have a Super pro automatic on the GSA,, and up to now no problems... My Zumo 590 is hard wired to it , using the two jack plugs...and I've been streaming radio from my iPhone to the zumo, and listening with no issues ...until yesterday

All of a sudden no audio from the zumo, that's routing info or music, nothing... then it came back on briefly, then off again...and now having spent a good two hours in in the garage plugging in and out, I'm no wiser. When going to adjust the volume on the zumo it brings up the message about a headset needing to be connected....

The autocom is powered up, and plugging both helmets into it, we can talk to each other via the vox, with no problems... the zumo is connected to the iPhone, and there appears to be no damage to the zumo loom......

So at a loss to work out what is going on... its worked perfectly for a couple of months then nowt. any ideas gratefully received.....

Bryn I had same on mine audio went south ,had another loom under garmin warranty as only 2 months old.
When ordering new bike bought a new loom so I have the old one if you want to try it out. Am going to CMC Chesterfield Thursday this week for Noon and at some point Saturday if you want to pop over. Can post to you otherwise. Hope this helps chap.:thumby:

Andrew

Bryn I had same on mine audio went south ,had another loom under garmin warranty as only 2 months old.
When ordering new bike bought a new loom so I have the old one if you want to try it out. Am going to CMC Chesterfield Thursday this week for Noon and at some point Saturday if you want to pop over. Can post to you otherwise. Hope this helps chap.:thumby:

Andrew

Thats a great help.... about to PM you :thumb2

When going to adjust the volume on the zumo it brings up the message about a headset needing to be connected....

Why? Has a setting been changed on the Zumo to output audio via BT rather than via the cables on the mount?

Why? Has a setting been changed on the Zumo to output audio via BT rather than via the cables on the mount?

No idea, but even if I change the input and turn the Bluetooth off there is still no sound, Andrew above is kindly sending me his spare loom to try... I suspect its the garmin loom as I tried plugging in my sennheiser headphones into both jacks, and I still hear nothing from the garmin......

I don't know whether you have the car mount, but that might help to confirm your diagnosis.

Good luck and do moan at Garmin if need be.

Why BT the iPhone through your Zumo. Why not use the available audio port on the autocom and have a direct connection?

Why BT the iPhone through your Zumo. Why not use the available audio port on the autocom and have a direct connection?

Hadn't thought of that, but it would mean an extra cable , not an issue if it works, but it seems no matter how I do it, nothing from the Garmin as far as sound.... I should get the spare loom courtesy of andrewgsadv later- so will have a mess around with it and report back :thumb

I don't know whether you have the car mount, but that might help to confirm your diagnosis.

Good luck and do moan at Garmin if need be.

Good idea :thumb just tested the 590 in the car.. seems fine.. music from phone bluetoothed as it should

Back
Top Bottom