Textiles vs leather..

Had a hot day riding South from Dieppe to Dinard in Brittany yesterday. Bike registered ambient temps up to 38C.

Tried to drink plenty but still got dehydrated. (Signs are dark pee/no pee - should be a light straw colour if you are fully hydrated!)

Reluctantly used leather gear for this trip as my biking jeans are not comfortable on long rides. Jacket is OK as it has mesh panels in the front but trousers are a bit hot.

Need to look for some well ventilated fabric summer gear for future trips, so it's interesting to hear what people recommend.

Had a hot day riding South from Dieppe to Dinard in Brittany yesterday. Bike registered ambient temps up to 38C.

Tried to drink plenty but still got dehydrated. (Signs are dark pee/no pee - should be a light straw colour if you are fully hydrated!)

Reluctantly used leather gear for this trip as my biking jeans are not comfortable on long rides. Jacket is OK as it has mesh panels in the front but trousers are a bit hot.

Need to look for some well ventilated fabric summer gear for future trips, so it's interesting to hear what people recommend.
Did you perhaps consider an alternative.
I dunno, maybe taking off your jacket or jeans?

I use a Hein-Gericke XCR outfit a lot of the time, (goretex bonded in) - and it features "armacor" fabric, which they claim is as good in abrasion - as leather.

I guess it is a kind of Kevlar mesh?

Al

It was v hot on Sunday, over 30c

I went 50/50........leather trousers and a Klim goretex jacket on top

Was this the correct approach?

It was v hot on Sunday, over 30c

I went 50/50........leather trousers and a Klim goretex jacket on top

Was this the correct approach?
Depends on what kind of trousers:D

51wKDNw3ZsL._UX522_.jpg

Can you stop copying this image in every post... my fookin eyes....

My bike jeans were very uncomfortable in the heat on Saturday, the knee protectors very irritating. I thought Rukka did Forsair vented trousers, but must have dreamt it!

It's not so much of an issue here in the U.K., but I need to sort something for my trip to Italy next month.

Back
Top Bottom